Linsanity is over... | Syracusefan.com

Linsanity is over...

iommi

Living Legend
Knicks suck again. Gotta think D'Antoni will get a lot heat soon. Not to mention Carmelo is having an awful year.

Knicks suck again. Gotta think D'Antoni will get a lot heat soon. Not to mention Carmelo is having an awful year.
Total 15 minutes of fame. I still think he is a good player. Just bizarre that once Melo came back they just went int the tank again.

I love Melo but he is a one-dimensional player. When he is healthy he is better than just a few players at that one thing: scoring. This system is not good for him or Stoudemire.

Melo is requiring an awful lot of shots to achieve his one dimension. His FG percentage is putrid

He needs to lose weight. I've said this for about 3 years now. He is too heavy.

Total 15 minutes of fame. I still think he is a good player. Just bizarre that once Melo came back they just went int the tank again.

Not really that bizarre. Schedule was terrible when Lin had his run.

Well they did lose to the Nets when Melo came back.

Yeah it's just kind of funny that as soon as Melo came back things took a turn for the worse.

I love Melo but he is a one-dimensional player. When he is healthy he is better than just a few players at that one thing: scoring. This system is not good for him or Stoudemire.

Clearly Melo could use the Kobe System.

The problem has always been the DEFENSE. DAntoni's "system" is all about scoring with less emphasis on TEAM defense.
When Melo was out, the Knicks played defense as a unit, with Chandler holding up the middle. Its not a coincidence that as soon as Amare came back they started faltering, and once Melo returned to compound the lack of defensive intensity, their mojo started to dwindle.
Lin, Melo, & Stat are all HORRIBLE defensively, and that lack of harmony then extends to the offensive end.
They need a new coach- DAntoni's system is too limited. If a new HC comes in & they still struggle, then its time to look at trading either Melo, or Stat, or both.

Completely agree about the 15 minutes. No offense, but as a non-Knick fan, having him rammed down my throat by the sports media made me "dislike" the story, which otherwise was pretty cool. Early on, there actually were "Lin" scrolls on ESPN's bottom line. Oh Lord

Nothing like the sports media running the story into the ground.

Coaching-Major problem. How the **** is every game the exact same fiasco? Get blown out in the third quarter, mount a comeback that comes up short in the 4th. I dont get it. What do they do at halftime. Amare-Dude is a shell of himself. Might be better off the bench. Plays no D, cant score and allows for no spacing in the first unit. Fields-why is he starting? Dude cant shoot and is another reason the first unit is a mess. No spacing at all for Lin or Melo. Gelling-Team will take a while to gel, but by then could be staring down the barrel of a 1 vs 8 matchup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom