List of social media words that have been banned for college athletes | Syracusefan.com

List of social media words that have been banned for college athletes

I am bumping this to wonder why the word "stinger" is on there.

Are athletes tweeting about shooting down my Pavelow?

As the mook would say, SMH.

Apparently it's quite ok to insult the Irish as much as one pleases.

So be warned all you micks, paddies, leprechauns, and clovers. We're the last unprotected group.

Good to know that, say, if an athlete has just completed a research paper on the KKK, they can't tweet something like, "I'm sure I'll be getting a good grade on this paper about the KKK" since that phrase is banned.

Also, I hope no college athletes enjoy Saltines, since cracker is banned as well.

And no athletes had better tweet about how much they enjoy the play Damn Yankees.

I love when freedom of speech is limited. I hope that, at the very least, context is considered?

At least you can say douchebucket.

The description of Jeremiah Weed is odd.

How are they going to post their 40 times if they can't say 40?

If George Carlin were alive he'd have a field day with this.

So be warned all you micks, paddies, leprechauns, and clovers. We're the last unprotected group.
Hey, I am three-quarter Hunkie and one-quarter Mick. No one is protecting me either.

it's all about context and intent. for example.
when i was in attica "tighty whiteys" and " fluid" took on whole new meanings.
but still ya gotta let the language live and breath and evolve into whatever gets the point across.

Good to know that, say, if an athlete has just completed a research paper on the KKK, they can't tweet something like, "I'm sure I'll be getting a good grade on this paper about the KKK" since that phrase is banned.

Also, I hope no college athletes enjoy Saltines, since cracker is banned as well.

And no athletes had better tweet about how much they enjoy the play Damn Yankees.

I love when freedom of speech is limited. I hope that, at the very least, context is considered?
Also of interest is that the list encourages proper spelling: Arian and Arian Brotherhood are bad but Aryan & Aryan Brotherhood are good to go.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

And while the Micks are stepping up to complain, why is any kind of Asian slur only rating 2 where anything besides Monday considered hugely inappropriate for Latino and Black slang?

Coming from a non protected group, the Micks, I want to make sure everybody is safe.