Listening to games on the radio | Syracusefan.com

Listening to games on the radio

For some reason internet radio for games is not available in Canada. I just get music or other types of broadcasting. Same reason ESPN3 and WATCH ESPN are not available here.

The only time I would be interested in radio would be no TV coverage and no available stream. Exhibition games and the odd non conference games might fall into that category.

For some reason internet radio for games is not available in Canada. I just get music or other types of broadcasting. Same reason ESPN3 and WATCH ESPN are not available here.

The only time I would be interested in radio would be no TV coverage and no available stream. Exhibition games and the odd non conference games might fall into that category.
Have you tried Tunein.com?

You can listen to the live programming on any NPR affiliate through the NPR News app. If that app works for you in Canada, you can listen to SU games on WAER.

I can't listen to bball on the radio, its not a good radio sport.

Agree - love baseball on the radio, not so much basketball. As a kid, I used to go to bed and search the radio dial until I found a baseball game to fall asleep to. Sometimes I'd get to the inning break and realize I was listening to some minor league game in West Virginia but I didn't care as long as it was a game.

Agree - love baseball on the radio, not so much basketball. As a kid, I used to go to bed and search the radio dial until I found a baseball game to fall asleep to. Sometimes I'd get to the inning break and realize I was listening to some minor league game in West Virginia but I didn't care as long as it was a game.

Baseball is meant for the radio, its such a perfect combo, sometimes I will watch a few innings on tv, and just put on the radio for a few innings, and feel like I didn't miss a beat.

If I can't watch, I listen. Can't imagine life without "McNamara wants 3, give 'im 3." Or "McNamara for 3, What do you think?" As crazy as I know it is, I complain about calls, generally based upon the announcers spin.

You can listen to the live programming on any NPR affiliate through the NPR News app. If that app works for you in Canada, you can listen to SU games on WAER.
Forgot about that...WAER.org

It should work in Canada. The commercial channels stream alternative programming due to contractual reasons.

If I can't watch, I listen. Can't imagine life without "McNamara wants 3, give 'im 3." Or "McNamara for 3, What do you think?" As crazy as I know it is, I complain about calls, generally based upon the announcers spin.
Old school Joel Mareiness

Jimmy Lee "Seat of the pants slide" draws the foul!

Forgot about that...WAER.org

It should work in Canada. The commercial channels stream alternative programming due to contractual reasons.
That's even easier, just go straight to the WAER website

Miss Joel Mareiness with "Harper up the invisible ladder" "Bing to the baseline, up up and in"....."Cornwall from the top of the key, swish" lost in the mist of time.

Miss Joel Mareiness with "Harper up the invisible ladder" "Bing to the baseline, up up and in"..."Cornwall from the top of the key, swish" lost in the mist of time.
"FT dirty, but good!"

i always appreciate the radio coverage when i can get it . sometimes it's fuzzy. but if i'm out working in the garage then i'm still in tune and usually ahead of the streamers . i think overall they do a great job of explaining the action. still it takes a bit of imagination to visualize and comprehend. which is good.

underused skill set.

A few years back when Dr. Gross was here (apparently) he made a decision to black out WAER's streaming football and basketball radio coverage and limit it to over the air only.

Not sure that is still the policy?

I'll try WAER and TUNEIN come fall. In the past I have checked out virtually every station website on the "Orange network" and no broadcast available for me. Hopefully one of those two will work. Thanks.

Leaving work at 5 pst I have to catch some games on the radio until I can get to a TV. It's so difficult to follow.

I watch from my desk but the ride either home to a bar I'm stuck with the radio. West coast problems... I can only imagine Troop up there in Alaska.

As a kid, I did exactly the same thing. KDKA in Pittsburgh had a very strong signal then ... one that could be heard in NYC, especially at night. One night, after I was already in bed, I stumbled upon a Braves/Pirates game in which Harvey Haddix was pitching a perfect game in about the 6th inning. So I kept listening... and listening ...and listening. Poor Harvey pitched a perfect game through 12 innings, but then a booted ground ball ruined it in the bottom of the 13th... and eventually (after one hit) led to the only run of the game. Haddix lost the perfect game, the no=hitter and the game itself. The game was absolutely riveting ... and I still remember it 58 years later.

When SU games didn't use to be on TV as much, Sometimes I listened on the AM radio in my dad's car. Somehow the reception came in better out there in the garage.

As a kid, I did exactly the same thing. KDKA in Pittsburgh had a very strong signal then ... one that could be heard in NYC, especially at night. One night, after I was already in bed, I stumbled upon a Braves/Pirates game in which Harvey Haddix was pitching a perfect game in about the 6th inning. So I kept listening... and listening ...and listening. Poor Harvey pitched a perfect game through 12 innings, but then a booted ground ball ruined it in the bottom of the 13th... and eventually (after one hit) led to the only run of the game. Haddix lost the perfect game, the no=hitter and the game itself. The game was absolutely riveting ... and I still remember it 58 years later.
And that was when you were only 5! :)

Bring back Joel M. He was pure magic. "Up the invisible ladder" and so many other audio visuals. As a young boy i loved his call of the cuse.
Tommy "braintree stundus" Sweet D
Rudy the Lee Brothers and of course Bob Doooooooms all came to life over the radio as a result of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom