Live From FSU | Syracusefan.com

Live From FSU

12,100 seat arena

Team entrance and shoot around just ended...2nd level sidecourt $12

It’s stuff like this that makes me mad/jealous when these non-b-ball schools have good b-ball teams. The school/fans don’t even really care! Florida won multiple championships and they don’t even really care that much. Not fair!

From the TV noise, the Syracuse contingent sounded loud when things were going well. What's your take?

From the TV noise, the Syracuse contingent sounded loud when things were going well. What's your take?
We cheered at times...the problem was the Cuse fans were scattered in the lower section and only had a few concentrated groupings in the upper deck...so it was hard to get a cheer going.

BTW, some of the crowd was late arriving...it probably peaked at 8500.

It’s stuff like this that makes me mad/jealous when these non-b-ball schools have good b-ball teams. The school/fans don’t even really care! Florida won multiple championships and they don’t even really care that much. Not fair!
Well TBH...that was my group rate. If you walked up you paid $15. Our group literally sat around the foul line in any row we wanted. We pretty much filled in the first few rows of the second deck. IIRC the cheapest walk up ticket was $12 to get in the building.

Our tailgate got off to a rough start. The Arena happened to be hosting a cheerleader competition at the same time. The normal cash lot was labeled "permit only". Fortunately I arrived an hour early and shifted us to the top deck of the parking garage next door. I made a bunch of phone calls and texts to inform the participants. So instead of being 100 yards away from the entrance we were about 300 yards from the entrance. We camped out on the top deck. Parking cost $8. I flew my Cuse Flag on a 16' Flag Pole next to the front wall. I got comments it was very visible from the street. We met a few new fans who saw the flag and came up to see what was going on. A cold front blew through the previous night...we were tailgating in temps in upper 30s with a a few gusts fortunately it was sunny.

Oh that newly permitted lot...was about 50% full...made no sense why they did what they did. A FSU fan I met said it was the first time he ever saw that. Just our luck.

FSU fans reminded me of Texas fans...bored football fans who decided to show up to a hoops game. They did the chop a few times and have a cheer down pat but didn't create much of a home court advantage. Acme Brick handed out white signs to the student section which they were using to try to distract out foul shooters.

The arena was nice...it had a fairly recent renovation. A nice touch to have individual lightly cushioned seating in the upper deck. Nothing spectacular but sized nicely (12.1K capacity) to host events like FSU basketball and semi-big music acts. I highly recommend a trip to FSU for a hoops game. You can work it around a vacation to Florida for points south (Daytona, Orlando, Tampa Bay). Drives from Tampa Bay and Orlando run about 4 hours. BTW, those hotels in Tallahassee for a football weekends that run $2-500...all were under $150 for a basketball weekend. You could find basic motels for $45-70.

Last edited:
Want to thank Mark and AirForceOrange (Sean) for setting up this tailgate/tickets. I did like General Admission seating better this time. As Mark said the seats were pretty decent. Their replay is so bias. . If there was a play where it looked like SU got hosed they would not show it, now when roles were reversed look out, plus they would cut part of the replay out too.

It was rather chilly up on the garage parking lot but kudos to Mark for the quick thinking and change. Still disappointed Sean didn't bring a heater or firewood :). I would say we had maybe 15 or so people there off and on. Glad to see JarHead and his daughter Brooke, hard to believe she's all grown up now and 17. I know there were ladies from Destin who popped over as they saw Mark's flag when they were coming in the parking garage. The one girl said she had to come check it out as I believe she said her parents lived in NY at one time (somewhere south of the Albany area). Not sure if the other girl was Upstate NY originally or not either, Mark will have to help out on that one as he was playing the host while I was feeding my face, lol. All in all it was a decent trip, tailgate, and game, although would have loved to see Oshae hit that jumper, like every other SU fan, at the end of the first OT. Battle was pretty dang awesome yesterday. Sick of reading some stupid posts about his game. Kid is best player on dang team and we go as he goes. If we had another Battle or two this team would only have a loss or two. Some folks need to stop knocking him and enjoy the last few months of the season as he won't be here next year.

Last edited:
We cheered at times...the problem was the Cuse fans were scattered in the lower section and only had a few concentrated groupings in the upper deck...so it was hard to get a cheer going.

BTW, some of the crowd was late arriving...it probably peaked at 8500.

Thanks for passing on the info. You may have had a hard time,but you guys pulled through on the TV, I heard you whenever Syracuse had a big play. Especially encouraging to start off the second half when we made the comeback and took the lead.

Hope within the next 2-4 years to be making at least one trip in football, hoops an lax each year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom