living in North Carolina | Syracusefan.com

living in North Carolina

stuckinbig11

All American
Since we moved to Asheville when I retired 3 1/2 years ago to be near my professor son and his family, I have noticed that despite UNC-Asheville being here in town, the majority of native locals (and the local newspaper) primarily follow the Tar Heels. So, when I accompany my son to the UNCA vs Presbyterian game tonight, I think I will wear a Syracuse Orange shirt. It should be fun.

Since we moved to Asheville when I retired 3 1/2 years ago to be near my professor son and his family, I have noticed that despite UNC-Asheville being here in town, the majority of native locals (and the local newspaper) primarily follow the Tar Heels. So, when I accompany my son to the UNCA vs Presbyterian game tonight, I think I will wear a Syracuse Orange shirt. It should be fun.

The majority of people who attend UNCA are not locals and they do not play at a high enough level to have a local T-shirt fan base.

Not to mention that Asheville is like Charlotte, it's a transplant city.

My wife is visiting a friend in Asheville next week. Besides the Biltmore, what else should she check out?

Asheville is a fun town. Live down the hill in Greenville, SC but enjoy coming up to Asheville on weekends for live music and pseudo staycations. Also feel like in general Asheville is not much of a sports town.

Asheville is a fun town. Live down the hill in Greenville, SC but enjoy coming up to Asheville on weekends for live music and pseudo staycations. Also feel like in general Asheville is not much of a sports town.

It's not. We're an outdoor town.

The majority of people who attend UNCA are not locals and they do not play at a high enough level to have a local T-shirt fan base.

Not to mention that Asheville is like Charlotte, it's a transplant city.
UNCA does have lots of t-shirt options. Indeed, it is a major retirement town.

It's not. We're an outdoor town.
Favorite place within driving distance to get the hell outta DC for a few days. Both in winter and in summer it's far superior.

We lived in Durham for 12 years and then my husband had a choice of taking a job in Asheville or Syracuse. And you see where Fate brought me. I was quite upset but I learned to live with it. :)

Asheville is beautiful but getting too full of people and Charlotte is a nightmare.

We lived in Durham for 12 years and then my husband had a choice of taking a job in Asheville or Syracuse. And you see where Fate brought me. I was quite upset but I learned to live with it. :)

Asheville is beautiful but getting too full of people and Charlotte is a nightmare.
We're glad that you came to your senses!

True dat.

It's not alone however. Every city worth anything in the south is overflowing at this point. Mostly due to Yankee transplants.