Locking in the NE corridor - 1 possible end game | Syracusefan.com

Locking in the NE corridor - 1 possible end game

chakka3421

All Conference
I keep coming back to this from a pure business perspective. Of course ND and Texas are 2 huge brands, but they just do not seem likely to join the B1G. If ND gets into the NC game this year, they have absolutely no incentive to join any conference and since its now expanding from 2 to 4 teams and maybe even 8 later the easier it is for them to get into the NC final 4 or 8. ND is out and remains independent forever. I also think Texas is out for many reasons including the main one - LHN.

So coming back to the pure business move of shutting out the competition by locking up the NE corridor from Wash DC to Maine, what do you do? You take 2 of the following 3 that are left - Syracuse, Boston College and UConn. Outside of that maybe Virginia but that is already covered by the Maryland move and is getting below the Mason-Dixon line.

If you pick up Syracuse and BC, the BTN would be the only college network cable station running on all the TV sets from Lincoln to Boston for both football and basketball. Practically every TV set north of the Mason-Dixon. Everyone else is locked out. To me this is 1 possible, if not probable, end game for the B1G and BTN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom