LOL at Big East BB | Syracusefan.com

LOL at Big East BB

Apparently the Big West had the Big East by the short hairs...(Boise State)

The Big East will have a scheduling agreement with the Big West in future years...
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=583796
The Univeristy of California Santa Barbara men’s basketball coach Bob Williams told Presidio Sports, “We’ve extended our footprint to the great Northwest with the addition of Boise State’s national brand, and we’ve developed a scheduling partnership with the Big East. This is a banner day for the Big West Conference.”

The Bigfoot Conference

Can't wait for the innaugural Big East - Big West Challenge. We can look forward to matchups like:

Cal Poly vs. Rutgers
Cal St. Fullerton vs. Seton Hall
Cal St. Northridge vs. St. John's
Long Beach State vs. Marquette
UC Irvine vs. UConn
UC Davis vs. DePaul
UC Riverside vs. Notre Dame
UC Santa Barbara vs. Louisville
Hawaii vs. Georgetown
Pacific vs. Providence
Boise St. vs. Cincy

These are made for TV matchups if I've ever seen them.

Can't wait for the innaugural Big East - Big West Challenge. We can look forward to matchups like:

Cal Poly vs. Rutgers
UC Irvine vs. UConn
UC Davis vs. DePaul
Hawaii vs. Georgetown
Pacific vs. Providence
Boise St. vs. Cincy

Irony:p

Cal Poly vs. Rutgers
UC Irvine vs. UConn
UC Davis vs. DePaul
Hawaii vs. Georgetown
Pacific vs. Providence
Boise St. vs. Cincy

Must see TV:
None

Decent Midmajor vs High Major Games:

Must see for comedic value:
Cal Poly vs. Rutgers (watching Rutgers lose is always fun)
UC Irvine vs. UConn (watching the anteater lick the Husky)
UC Riverside vs. Notre Dame (Will Brey wear a short sleeve turtleneck if it is unseasonably warm in SoCal?)
Hawaii vs. Georgetown (Hawaii fans chanting: "It is 2am on the east coast and Georgetown still sucks!")

LOL at the board members (board on the link) buttering up this deal. Sad and pathetic.

And while I am saddened to leave what Big East basketball once was, it makes me so happy, I am relieved that Syracuse got out of the mess. If SU was still here lonjg term I would somehow try to rationalize these moves and defend the legitimacy of the conference.

Its almost all posters who never had schoold in the Big East prior to 2003. Maybe for a USF or UCF fan its not embarassing.

LOL at the board members (board on the link) buttering up this deal. Sad and pathetic.

And while I am saddened to leave what Big East basketball once was, it makes me so happy, I am relieved that Syracuse got out of the mess. If SU was still here lonjg term I would somehow try to rationalize these moves and defend the legitimacy of the conference.

Its almost all posters who never had schoold in the Big East prior to 2003. Maybe for a USF or UCF fan its not embarassing.

There was a UCF fan on there who was pretty excited about the whole thing. Of course, for him everything is an upgrade over what they had.

I also like the guy who wanted to punish SU and Pitt by making us part of the initial agreement and send us out West. LOL!

I am so glad that we are flies on the wall and not in the web of this debacle. Get us the hell outta here already.

Must see TV:
None

Decent Midmajor vs High Major Games:

Must see for comedic value:
Cal Poly vs. Rutgers (watching Rutgers lose is always fun)
UC Irvine vs. UConn (watching the anteater lick the Husky)
UC Riverside vs. Notre Dame (Will Brey wear a short sleeve turtleneck if it is unseasonably warm in SoCal?)
Hawaii vs. Georgetown (Hawaii fans chanting: "It is 2am on the east coast and Georgetown still sucks!")

I think it's called a "Dickie"

There was a UCF fan on there who was pretty excited about the whole thing. Of course, for him everything is an upgrade over what they had.

I also like the guy who wanted to punish SU and Pitt by making us part of the initial agreement and send us out West.

You have no idea as to the amount of hatin going on against Cuse and Pitt on that board. I'm a regular there and the excuses and flaming is ridiculous. I mostly post over there on the Acc board now. Its a very good board. The BE board, believe it or not used to be very, very good. Now its one of the worst boards around.

You have no idea as to the amount of hatin going on against Cuse and Pitt on that board. I'm a regular there and the excuses and flaming is ridiculous. I mostly post over there on the Acc board now. Its a very good board. The BE board, believe it or not used to be very, very good. Now its one of the worst boards around.

That's because the BE board has been overrun with Boise, SD, Houston, SMU, UCF, and Memphis fans.

Oh, wait.

Look, if they're stuck with this , I'd rather it be a road game so UConn can get a bit of a computer bump for wasting 40 minutes shadow boxing UC Irvine. And it had better be one of the schools with a completly unusual mascot.

THESE ARE MY DEMANDS.

What are the odds that this was one of Boise's demands to join the conference...

Hawaii vs. Georgetown

Hmmm.. Chaminade aint going to like this.
G-town was their playpal.

What are the odds that this was one of Boise's demands to join the conference...
I think it was the Big West demanding something in return for allowing Boise St to dump their non FB sports in the Big West. Even teams in SoCal and the Bay Area know Boise is in the middle of friggin nowhere. Beautiful country though.

+1 for ZLS...nice post

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom