lol Battle | Syracusefan.com

lol Battle

pretty much never defers, like ever... then the one time he simply cannot defer, tie game in OT the ball in his hands shotclock off... he defers
unreal

FWIW, it was the right play. Somebody noted the other day that Brissett shoots a respectable percentage from deep on catch and shoots. He was wide open and Tyus was doubled. I thought the shot was going in when it left Oshae's hands

pretty much never defers, like ever... then the one time he simply cannot defer, tie game in OT the ball in his hands shotclock off... he defers
unreal
Exactly. I don't care how open Brissett is on the wing. He won't make the open shot. It's at best 20%. Tyus needs to take the shot for the win.

Exactly. I don't care how open Brissett is on the wing. He won't make the open shot. It's at best 20%. Tyus needs to take the shot for the win.
Or, turn it over on the drive.
Good play, IMO.

I was shocked he caught because there was no way he - or anyone else in the building - was expecting it.

I get both arguments, but if you go with percentages, Battle taking it to the rim has a higher chance of success between making it, or getting fouled and sent to the line for 2.

Oshea, even on open catch a shoots where he has a decent percentage, at best is around 33% with how inefficient behind the arc he is.

If Oshea was Howard, no doubt it's the best play to make.

Last edited:
I get both arguments, but if you go with percentages, Battle taking it to the rim has a higher chance of success between making it, or getting fouled and sent to the line for 2.

Oshea, even on open catch a shoots where he has a decent percentage, at best is around 33% with how inefficient behind the arc he is.

Last week he did and got picked.

I'm thinking this might be how the play is diagrammed. I recall a similar situation last season with our last possession vs Clemson, where the team did a clear-out for Lydon, who was double-teamed and dished to a wide-open Battle in the right corner, who drilled the winning 3-pointer.

nope. no way is that ever the right play in that scenario. that side was cleared out for him and he's GOT TO take the ball to the basket.
Are you nuts? Multiple times this season we have tried the clear out and drive (against a double or triple team)at the end of a half and its led to a turnover and runout the other way. It was absolutely the right move.

I'm thinking this might be how the play is diagrammed. I recall a similar situation last season with our last possession vs Clemson, where the team did a clear-out for Lydon, who was double-teamed and dished to a wide-open Battle in the right corner, who drilled the winning 3-pointer.
That play was the same one that Nova used to be UNC for the title. Lydon was the trailer and drove and kicked to the open guy. Not really a clear out

Eh, 90% of the time he has to take the shot, but that was such an easy look. Brissett wide open, that whole side of teh court was open...I think Battle just didn't realize instead of taking the shot, or the uncontested drive to the rim, Brissett was going to try to feed him a lob. At least I hope that was lob because it was nowhere near the rim.... :(

The pass at the end wasn’t as bad as the 10-second calls. PASS THE BALL.

Mind-boggling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom