Lol jay williams at it again | Syracusefan.com

Lol jay williams at it again

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
"Michigan has a chance to win a championship if they play together."

Has a chance? Good chance? Small chance? Decent chance? Dude is the worst, says the same generalizations that you can say about almost any team, never says anything specific about a teams strengths or weaknesses. Play together? What does that mean?

Here's my syracuse scouting report if I was jay williams

"If syracuse plays smart team basketball they have a chance to win a lot of games."

You're right about him. Such a generalizer, lol. They need to get some good analysts in studio. I guess Greenberg is ok. Still haven't fully digested him yet. They still use Digger, yes?

Jay Williams might not have the chance to suck at his next job.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You're right about him. Such a generalizer, lol. They need to get some good analysts in studio. I guess Greenberg is ok. Still haven't fully digested him yet. They still use Digger, yes?
The plan I heard before the summer was that ESPN is going to phase Digger out slowly. He's still going to be involved with gameday.

There's a chance I could start juggling midgets within the next 12 minutes. No telling how they will react, though, since they likely have been abducted.

ESPN's penchant for hiring former athletes who's names people will recognize, versus people that can actually analyze sports and articulate well, over the last 10 years or so is one of the things that makes them so less compelling than they once were. I miss the days of Olbermann and Patrick on sportscenter. Kenny Mayne was the last SC anchor that I liked.

No. Digger is on a mission this year.

Hubert Davis was the worst at that.

[Insert player] needs to stop settling for jumpshots, put the ball on the floor, and get to the FT line. [Insert team] is a team that can get to a F4 and win a national championship.

Rinse/repeat for 5 months.
Thankfully we don't have to listen to that anymore.

Man, do they miss Gottlieb. It's so hard to find someone who really knows the sport and has a real point of view. ESPN has a bunch of wishy washy guys doing cbb analysis now.

Man, do they miss Gottlieb. It's so hard to find someone who really knows the sport and has a real point of view. ESPN has a bunch of wishy washy guys doing cbb analysis now.
Such a comment is not allowed on a 'cuse board.

Here is one of my favorites (not just JW): the only chance team A has to win is to out score team B (meaning get into a high tempo game, but still. )

"I really feel if ___________ protects the ball and shoots well in the 2nd half...they have a really good shot at winning."

Similar to Dick Vitale saying UNC is "athletic" about 15 times in the game last night.

Really Dick? Shocking stuff.

I picture jay williams at home writing down 100 cliches and generalizations that he can say about any team or player or game at any time.

"These are 2 evenly matched teams. Its gonna come down to whoever executes better down the stretch."

"If <insert pg> takes care of the ball and limits turnovers <insert team> is gonna be tough to beat."

He probably has the list in his pocket that he looks at during commercials. Ohhh control tempo, haven't used that one in awhile. "if ohio st can control the tempo they have a chance to beat duke and win this basketball game."

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Jay Williams has pictures of someone... not sure how he got a contract renewal. They must have been desperate with Gottlieb leaving..

I picture jay williams at home writing down 100 cliches and generalizations that he can say about any team or player or game at any time.

"These are 2 evenly matched teams. Its gonna come down to whoever executes better down the stretch."

"If <insert pg> takes care of the ball and limits turnovers <insert team> is gonna be tough to beat."

He probably has the list in his pocket that he looks at during commercials. Ohhh control tempo, haven't used that one in awhile. "if ohio st can control the tempo they have a chance to beat duke and win this basketball game."

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I love the visual of him having this list and then throwing a dart at the board to decide which one to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom