LOL New way to rebuild BE... | Syracusefan.com

LOL New way to rebuild BE...

Yeah, that's a little ridiculous.

I see no reason why Kansas or even UConn would consider that. Not only would it not benefit them but it would seriously weaken their already weak football programs

The teams in the new Big East right now are perfect for a 'basketball-only' league. They should all be thankful of where they landed. None of them play big time football and without it, this is the best they are going to do.

And then a miracle occurs.jpg

Yeah, that's a little ridiculous.

I see no reason why Kansas or even UConn would consider that. Not only would it not benefit them but it would seriously weaken their already weak football programs

The teams in the new Big East right now are perfect for a 'basketball-only' league. They should all be thankful of where they landed. None of them play big time football and without it, this is the best they are going to do.

Marinatto had his chance to get Kansas, KSU, etc, back in 2010 when it looked like the Big 12 would implode. He could have saved the BE, but pissed his chances away.

NovaDave must be an idiot. WTH does he think is going to happen to KS football? Go indy? He doesn't even address that.

What does he think is going to happen to UConn FB (such as it is)? Discontinue the program? Well, thinking about it now, that may not be such a bad idea...

NovaDave - try to think about things, just a little. Oh Lord

NovaDave must be an idiot. WTH does he think is going to happen to KS football? Go indy? He doesn't even address that.

What does he think is going to happen to UConn FB (such as it is)? Discontinue the program? Well, thinking about it now, that may not be such a bad idea...

NovaDave - try to think about things, just a little. Oh Lord

Actually he does address it - kinda. UConn and Kansas join the CAA for football. Laughable. The more I see things like this, the more I get the issues in the old Big East - it was a brilliant concept when it formed, but was full of schools, fans, and administrators that couldn't understand the current paradigm in college sports where football is king - let alone formulate a battle plan to deal with it.

It still burns me to hear them say they should have worked harder to get Syracuse a bowl game one of the years we were eligible but got left out. It just verified that to them football was merely a diversion until basketball season started, and they put virtually no thought or care into that side of the conference.

This guy obvious doesn't get it. It's really a great basketball conference. A group of schools with a smilar philosophy (albeit kind of scattered geographically) with some national names and small enough to do a double round robin conference schedule. Why try to mess that up by adding Uconn and Kansas?

I mean you're basically doing the same thing that led to the demise of the first Big East?

Wow I missed my calling if that is what passes off as internet journalism.

NovaDave makes the dude's drivel look like pulizer material.