LOL | Syracusefan.com

LOL

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Bombs away from 3 for usf, so annoying

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Other than turnovers I don't think we've gotten a stop yet.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

usf cooling off a bit now.. didnt they jump on us with a big lead last year too?

if mcw could just finish better we would be up 12-14

I love it when teams go off early on us. Keep firing s!

Might have been Wenzel during the Rutgers broadcast when Carter hit a few bombs. Said opponents will frequently torch Syracuse for a few 3s to start the game. Boeheim's defense initially gives you easier looks at three. In fact it is attempting to induce you into settling for those 3s on the belief that you won't hit them. If you show you have a guy or guys that is hitting them, the defense makes an adjustment to take it away from you. We saw it against Rutgers and again against USF. Opponent hits a few early 3s. Our defense extends out to cover guys at the 3 point line and beyond and they stop getting the easy looks. This typically opens up the free throw line area, in the case of both Rutgers and USF, they couldn't capitalize on this.

I don't know why people get worked up over the early 3s. It is not unexpected and the game plan includes an answer that typically takes this away. Worry when they opponent has a guy that is they able to hit threes running from 7 feet beyond the arc or get movement to the corners for threes or work the free throw line area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom