Long time Yankee Fan | Syracusefan.com

Long time Yankee Fan

victor

All Conference
As a long time Yankee fan. I can't get excited about them this year.To me they're old and for some reason can't seem to develop position players from their farm system. Miss the old man he wanted to win. His son's are more worried about the bottom line.

Amen. They have done nothing this offseason to get me excited about the season.

I'll still be watching on opening day but so far I'm not jonesing for it.

As a long time Yankee fan. I can't get excited about them this year.To me they're old and for some reason can't seem to develop position players from their farm system. Miss the old man he wanted to win. His son's are more worried about the bottom line.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

I always look forward to seeing what Jeter will do. I am hoping he continues to defy his age and prove the nay-sayers wrong.

I agree with your sentiments otherwise. But the one thing that might bring some excitement back is if, and it's a big if, we get Jeter, Gardner, and Ichiro to get on base, run, and set the table for the others. Even with the ages of DJ and IS, it can happen. And it will make it a lot easier on the middle of the lineup, too. (I am assuming Gardner will likely bat 9th and Cano hitting 3rd). Thoughts?

I always look forward to seeing what Jeter will do. I am hoping he continues to defy his age and prove the nay-sayers wrong.

I agree with your sentiments otherwise. But the one thing that might bring some excitement back is if, and it's a big if, we get Jeter, Gardner, and Ichiro to get on base, run, and set the table for the others. Even with the ages of DJ and IS, it can happen. And it will make it a lot easier on the middle of the lineup, too. (I am assuming Gardner will likely bat 9th and Cano hitting 3rd). Thoughts?

Expect whomever catches will bat 9th. Agree on Cano batting 3rd. Have been really disappointed that Teixiera has not been a good clutch hitter specially during the playoffs. Can't believe they still owe Alex $125M guaranteed money. Will always remember Bucky Dent. Left work early to catch the end of the playoff game between the Sox and the Yankees. When Bucky hit the home run my son and I went nuts. Then I had to sweat out the 9th innning before the Goose got Yaz to pop up. Unreal. Always remember watching Reggie hitting 3 home runs in the World Series. Was actually laying in a hospital bed after just having nose surgery. Went nuts that day too.

Expect whomever catches will bat 9th. Agree on Cano batting 3rd. Have been really disappointed that Teixiera has not been a good clutch hitter specially during the playoffs. Can't believe they still owe Alex $125M guaranteed money. Will always remember Bucky Dent. Left work early to catch the end of the playoff game between the Sox and the Yankees. When Bucky hit the home run my son and I went nuts. Then I had to sweat out the 9th innning before the Goose got Yaz to pop up. Unreal. Always remember watching Reggie hitting 3 home runs in the World Series. Was actually laying in a hospital bed after just having nose surgery. Went nuts that day too.

Nice memories! I always thought Brian Doyle was an unsung hero on the Bucky Dent team, too.
I think Girardi will have Gardner bat 9th, ala LaRussa's approach, to help set the table at the top of the order, and the weakest hitter will be the 8th place hitter.
Totally agree about Texeira...good HRs and RBIs (and defense)...but not much else.

Nice memories! I always thought Brian Doyle was an unsung hero on the Bucky Dent team, too.
I think Girardi will have Gardner bat 9th, ala LaRussa's approach, to help set the table at the top of the order, and the weakest hitter will be the 8th place hitter.
Totally agree about Texeira...good HRs and RBIs (and defense)...but not much else.

You are right about Doyle, specially in the World Series. Unfortunately he disappeared the next year. Don't get me started on memories. I go back to the days of Mickey Mantle.

You are right about Doyle, specially in the World Series. Unfortunately he disappeared the next year. Don't get me started on memories. I go back to the days of Mickey Mantle.
The '77 and '78 teams are where I really got started. Letting me stay up to watch the Yankees games at Dodger Stadium was a big thrill on a school night! I grew up loving the Chiefs when they were the Yankee's AAA farm club. (I Grew up in Fayetteville, by the way) Still have a Ron Guidry autographed baseball from his Chiefs days, too! Ahhh, good times!
Have a pleasant evening!

The '77 and '78 teams are where I really got started. Letting me stay up to watch the Yankees games at Dodger Stadium was a big thrill on a school night! I grew up loving the Chiefs when they were the Yankee's AAA farm club. (I Grew up in Fayetteville, by the way) Still have a Ron Guidry autographed baseball from his Chiefs days, too! Ahhh, good times!
Have a pleasant evening!

Was born in Cuba, but moved to Solvay when I was 12. Became a big Yankee fan immediately. Actually American baseball was a big deal in Cuba. My father's first cousin who lived to the ripe old age of 91 was buried with a Yankee cap. You have a pleasant evening as well. Enjoyed the conversation. The politics board gets a little tense.

Yankee fans sure have become spoiled. I'm excited for any Yankee season. I remember being optimistic about Tim Leary and Chuck Cary. In 1990, I would have given a limb for the Yankees' current rotation and lineup. Injuries could change things significantly, but I think this year's team will still compete for the playoffs. That's good enough for me. It's a bit warped, but I am rooting for the Yankees to fulfill their goal of not paying luxury tax in 2014. I will get satisfaction as teams start to cry poverty when they don't get their checks from the Yankees.

Yankee fans sure have become spoiled. I'm excited for any Yankee season. I remember being optimistic about Tim Leary and Chuck Cary. In 1990, I would have given a limb for the Yankees' current rotation and lineup. Injuries could change things significantly, but I think this year's team will still compete for the playoffs. That's good enough for me. It's a bit warped, but I am rooting for the Yankees to fulfill their goal of not paying luxury tax in 2014. I will get satisfaction as teams start to cry poverty when they don't get their checks from the Yankees.
I don't want to see them become frugal, but more prudent spending would be nice. I, too, like the idea of getting out of the luxury tax mess, hopefully by utilizing the farm system and developing talent. We have been getting killed on the back end of these bigger contracts. I sincerely never liked the ARod deal. I know it's fashionable to say that now, but I never thought it was a good contract based on length v cost. Would love to see the last few years voided, but the MLBPA will never let that happen. We should compete, but the East is going to be tough, very tough this year with Baltimore 1 year more experienced and Toronto loaded with Free Agents/new signees. I think health will be paramount for this team, as it often is. I will enjoy the rest of SU's basketball season for now...but Spring is coming!

Here's the deal.

Been a Yankee fan since about the mid 70's. Baseball has changed so much in that time frame. The way the game is today its just get into the playoffs. Doesnt matter if you win the division or get a wild card. Just get to the post season and you have a chance.

I think this team still has enough talent to get to the post season this year. Then who knows what will happen.

Here's the deal.

Been a Yankee fan since about the mid 70's. Baseball has changed so much in that time frame. The way the game is today its just get into the playoffs. Doesnt matter if you win the division or get a wild card. Just get to the post season and you have a chance.

I think this team still has enough talent to get to the post season this year. Then who knows what will happen.
Do you like the Bosox as much as UConn?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom