Looked like a nice crowd last night | Syracusefan.com

Looked like a nice crowd last night

Ticket Guy

Walk On
For such a late start it sure looked like a decent crowd last night. Has anyone heard the official crowd number as from tv it had to be 25k plus. To bad that game was not on a weekend early time slot instead.

I would have guessed an announced attendance of 22k and about 19k in seats.

Lot of empties in corners. In prior years, even at 9, that’s a packed house. Disappointing to see. I get the time sucked - it sucked even for tv. But there was way too much blue and silver benches on tv. Sad to see attendance dwindling.

The student sections were full, but the rest of the place was probably 75% full. And a lot of Carolina blue, or at least more than I care to see. The ~6-8 seats behind me and in front of me were empty and the four to my left were transferred/sold, but at least to SU fans.

ETA: 20,761 according to ESPN box score.

I thought it was a great crowd 9pm on a weekday is tough. You aren't getting anyone who doesn't llive nearby.

I haven't been in the Dome much for a big ACC game but that was best student section Ive seen for hoops ever.

overall fans in seats looked about 20k/ish

Ever?!

The student sections were full, but the rest of the place was probably 75% full. And a lot of Carolina blue, or at least more than I care to see. The ~6-8 seats behind me and in front of me were empty and the four to my left were transferred/sold, but at least to SU fans.

ETA: 20,761 according to ESPN box score.

i was at the game. carolina fans were oddly silent. dome for have less than 21k was very loud at times. it looked like 90/10 cuse. but it sounded like 100/0 cuse.

Behind the traditional ground level student section I've never seen the entire upper deck full, all students. 3 or 4 sections from the railing to the roof. My sample size is small but I've never seen that before. I was impressed, they sure came out.
It showed on TV too. Was shocked how far up and to the side they went. Otto's Army has done a tremendous job with all sports. My 10 year old was psyched to see the students and can't wait to join them (unfortunately for my wallet).

i was at the game. carolina fans were oddly silent. dome for have less than 21k was very loud at times. it looked like 90/10 cuse. but it sounded like 100/0 cuse.
They weren't so silent near me, probably a dozen in each of two areas. They weren't obnoxious, although it seems like a smaller group was trying to vape in their seats. Security didn't see it, but gently reminded them that smoking or vaping was not allowed in the JMA Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom