Looking at a 7-10 seed in NCAAS... | Syracusefan.com

Looking at a 7-10 seed in NCAAS...

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference
Obviously depending upon how we perform in BET. But, I assume we'll win the first game and most likely lose to Pitt/Marq in 2nd round. Therefore, I think a 7-8 seed is more than likely.

BET

0 wins- 9-10 seed
1 win 7-8 seed
2 wins- 5-6 seed
3-wins 4-5 seed
4 wins (champions) - 2-3 seed

9-10 seed? No way. We won't be less than a 7, and I'd bet we will be a 5 right now.

9-10 seed? No way. We won't be less than a 7, and I'd bet we will be a 5 right now.
Exactly. This place is gonna be out of control for about 12 hours

Lose 1st round = 7 or 8
Lose in Quarters = 6 or 7
Lose in Semis = 5
Lose in Finals - 4
Win = 3

If we get to a regional final I guess we could be line up against a 7 or 10 seed.

Not sure that's very likely for a 4 or 5 seed like we'll be.

But I like your optimism!

We really need to let more people know that SU doesn't play in a vacuum. It's all relative, and there are many teams with worse resumes that will be playing in March.

We really need to let more people know that SU doesn't play in a vacuum. It's all relative, and there are many teams with worse resumes that will be playing in March.

Sure, but it's easy to list 20 better resumes.

duke
kansas
gonzaga
indiana
louisville
georgetown
new mexico
miami
michigan
michigan st
florida
marquette
ohio state
kansas state
arizona

is only better as of now

duke
kansas
gonzaga
indiana
louisville
georgetown
new mexico
miami
michigan
michigan st
florida
marquette
ohio state
kansas state
arizona

is only better as of now

FTR, are you conceding these 14, or are there some you'd like to debate?

Sure, but it's easy to list 20 better resumes.

Taking that number that puts SU in the 6 seed range. There have to be 37 better at large resumes to be left out and SU is nowhere near that level.

6 is the worst we can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking that number that puts SU in the 6 seed range. There have to be 37 better at large resumes to be left out and SU is nowhere near that level.

That's the seed I think we are staring at, assuming we beat Rutgers/Depaul and lose in the quarters. A 5-seed if we win in the quarters. A 7/8 if we lose to Rutgers.

6-8 range

might be a good thing- get a better fit for the first game like a lower mid major

FTR, are you conceding these 14, or are there some you'd like to debate?

the last 4 are debatable plus the uncertainty of new mexico and florida's poor road showing but the rest im pretty sure will be seeded higher unless we win the bet

Obviously depending upon how we perform in BET. But, I assume we'll win the first game and most likely lose to Pitt/Marq in 2nd round. Therefore, I think a 7-8 seed is more than likely.

BET

0 wins- 9-10 seed
1 win 7-8 seed
2 wins- 5-6 seed
3-wins 4-5 seed
4 wins (champions) - 2-3 seed

Not even close. As bad as we played, we will not see a 7, let alone an 8, 9 or 10. Our computer numbers are too good. Our floor is a 6 and ceiling is a 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom