Looking at the box score, didn't realize Barrett shot 8-30. | Syracusefan.com

Looking at the box score, didn't realize Barrett shot 8-30.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Build the wall with those bricks. I knew he took a lot of 3's (17) but have not seen too many guys hoist up 30 total. Was totally surprised, like many of you, that they basically went away from Zion down the stretch and when he touched the ball he was hoisting threes as well. Similar to our bricklaying last game. So hard to understand that the coaches wouldn;t/couldn't change that strategy.

Not to take anything away from SU, but it's the stat of the game. That kid lost it for Duke 22 times over. How the coaches let that slide, I don't know.

I mentioned this in another thread, Syracuse fans would go berserk if a player took 30 field goals and made that few. That is a crazy number.

Not to take anything away from SU, but it's the stat of the game. That kid lost it for Duke 22 times over. How the coaches let that slide, I don't know.

I mentioned this in another thread, Syracuse fans would go berserk if a player took 30 field goals and made that few. That is a crazy number.

Agree. I mean, Battle took 28, but made 4 more (his efficiency went down greatly as the game progressed, but still made huge buckets). He also kept us alive early during the Duke onslaught.

The difference is we don't have a guy on the team like Zion Williamson. That man needs a touch every possession in the paint. Period.

The only two Duke games that I’ve really watched and paid close attention to were obviously last night and also the Gonzaga game. Both games Barrett was a complete ball hog on every big possession and came up small almost every time.

My impression of him at this point obviously isn’t great.

Of course the one time I really watched Harden in college was his listless performance against Cuse in the tournament, and look how he turned out. The kid obviously has a lot of talent, but man was he bad in those two games with the game on the line.

Barrett is close to being a collegiate superstar. You don't take the ball out of his hands, especially with Reddish out. Bad games will happen, we were just fortunate it came against us though our D probably had something to do with that.

What i don't understand is how Coach k let some kid named white keep shooting when he was 0 for 10.

The only two Duke games that I’ve really watched and paid close attention to were obviously last night and also the Gonzaga game. Both games Barrett was a complete ball hog on every big possession and came up small almost every time.

My impression of him at this point obviously isn’t great.

Of course the one time I really watched Harden in college was his listless performance against Cuse in the tournament, and look how he turned out. The kid obviously has a lot of talent, but man was he bad in those two games with the game on the line.

I didn’t realize Barrett was one assist shy of a triple double. 23 pts, 16 rebounds and 9 assists. Wow.

I didn’t realize Barrett was one assist shy of a triple double. 23 pts, 16 rebounds and 9 assists. Wow.

Impressive numbers there, to be sure. 8-30 is pretty brutal though. You don’t see guys take 30 shots too often unless they are lighting it up.

Impressive numbers there, to be sure. 8-30 is pretty brutal though. You don’t see guys take 30 shots too often unless they are lighting it up.

Yup. 23 points on 30 shots is not impressive. 4-17 and 8-30 is awful.

Last edited: