Looking at the schedules this seems like a 15 win team | Syracusefan.com

Looking at the schedules this seems like a 15 win team

Dave85

Living Legend
I'm grumpy old man so forgive me if my physical condition colors my opinions on everything. That said it just seems to me this team is going to be around a 15 win team. My thinking is we lose to all the ranked teams. And we split 50/50 with non-ranked teams.

In the 39 years I've been watching Syracuse basketball this may be the worse record I've seen. But who knows maybe by the end of the season Joseph and Buddy are averaging over 30 points per game. It's nice to see what will happen to an Orange team with superior 3-point shooting. Outside shooting has seemed to be a problem for years. I just wish this team were a little better at getting points in the paint.

I'm going with 15 wins. Anyone else have an opinion they would like to share and for how many wins?

This team is bad. I’m hoping 16-17 wins and a postseason in the NIT. A losing record and no postseason would be depressing. I see 16-15 as a likely record come March.

Interior D and rebounding are the keys and good shooting will just keep them in games in ACC play. I can't put a total on the wins but when they do what I mentioned they will win and when they don't they will lose.

Depends on what the other teams have 4/5 wise, if it's beef and can score while having just average shooters, SU loses. If they (4/5) are skinny and are somewhat challenged on O, SU can play farther out they have a good chance in winning. Vs real good shooters even an average rebounding team will get offensive rebounds because of the guards and forwards jumping out on shooters and not being quick to the ball...SU will struggle and have to shoot lights out.

We’re lucky the ACC is down big time. If this was a typical ACC year we’d get slaughtered but in the current state of the conference I can still see us getting 9 or 10 wins.

KenPom has us as 8th the ACC and going 10-10 in conference. We’re all the second youngest ACC team (Duke is younger), so logic would say we shouldimprove as the season goes

We’re lucky the ACC is down big time. If this was a typical ACC year we’d get slaughtered but in the current state of the conference I can still see us getting 9 or 10 wins.

KenPom has us as 8th the ACC and going 10-10 in conference. We’re all the second youngest ACC team (Duke is younger), so logic would say we should improve as the season goes
8th in the ACC would be a very good accomplishment for this team from what I have seen thus far. In most years that would get us into the Tourney, and maybe we have been in that position recently I don't know, but this year being 8th might be a stretch to get in.

I'm optimistic we will win our two remaining non conference games then go 10-8 for the remaining ACC schedule. That would get us to 18 wins which may give us a shot. As mentioned, this is my optimistic and hopeful result. You don't want to hear my pessimistic estimate which could also happen.

My thinking is we lose to all the ranked teams. And we split 50/50 with non-ranked teams.

I don't think it will be that cut and dry. With the way we shoot the ball, we're going to get hot and knock off somebody like Louisville at some point. But we also can easily lose to teams like Wake and Pitt if shots aren't falling, since we have no inside game or ability to break down a defense with dribble penetration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom