Looking forward to the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Looking forward to the ACC

These Big East hackfests are destroying the sport.

That fat load with the boobs was pushing off all over the place.

Cannot wait to see motion offense and fast break basketball next season.

I can't believe that guy didn't have any fouls. That's unreal.

Actually Florida St. and UVA play similar styles to Marquette. There were a few bad calls against SU (the 4th on J Southerland was atrocious) but mostly we just couldn't handle Gardner at all. Our centers are just too thin and not strong enough. We could have used DC2 for this matchup but... Our guards can't shoot from the arc worth a damn and we had a bad stretch with a flurry of terrible TO's from both of them. BT just has too many bad shooting games. You can't have a 2G that score in single digits.

Actually Florida St. and UVA play similar styles to Marquette. There were a few bad calls against SU (the 4th on J Southerland was atrocious) but mostly we just couldn't handle Gardner at all. Our centers are just too thin and not strong enough. We could have used DC2 for this matchup but... Our guards can't shoot from the arc worth a damn and we had a bad stretch with a flurry of terrible TO's from both of them. BT just has too many bad shooting games. You can't have a 2G that score in single digits.

This. It wasn't on the refs for christ's sake. Gameplan both ends was bad, we have thin bigs to deal with Gardner, no options down low to draw fouls on Gardner, and we shoot too many jumpers because we have to. We can't shoot and didn't rebound well at key times again.

Bilas said it a few times, we're "long and athletic, but not very wide", aka perfect for the ACC.

F the Big East.

I never really complain about refs but my only question how can a guy that "big"and active who is constantly crashing into people and causing a ton of contact not have 1 FOUL ?? That isnt right.

I never really complain about refs but my only question how can a guy that "big"and active who is constantly crashing into people and causing a ton of contact not have 1 FOUL ?? That isnt right.

The refs create different parameters for different players. "That's how he / they play" is allowed and accepted practice. Esp in the Big East. It's also why Big East teams get rung up early in the dance, when some west coast guy in stripes gets out there and is horrified by the abuse.

The past 2 games, one team held it for 33 seconds like the ball was a sack of gold, and these guys ran over you (it's their only hot of winning) while w get hit with ticky tack nonsense. Yet somehow that's JB's fault. Oh Lord

i hate to blame the refs - and they didnt lose the game for us but rewatching saturdays game- the hackfest downlow.. bumps on lob attempts to cj and the aggressive hand checking makes the game hardwood water polo- it is awful to watch. you cant get good ball movement if the cutter is like a rb trying to break through the d line. we have not benefitted from this style of play because we dont use that style.. which then results in blaming the refs.. but honestly why shouldnt we expect the refs to control the game vs us having to adapt to that style?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom