Looks like AAC tourney will be played in Memphis... | Syracusefan.com

Looks like AAC tourney will be played in Memphis...

cto

Administrator
... at least in 2014. http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/tampa-out-of-running-for-american-hoops-tournaments/2122200

Most UConn fans are not happy, but I actually like Memphis better than Greensboro.

But wait. Look who else will be playing in Memphis: Cincinnati, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, SMU, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, UCF, USF

I think I will take Greensboro with Duke, UNC, ND, BC, UVA, Pitt, etc.

I would guess the arena will be 95% filled with UL and Memphis fans. Or to be more accurate, 95% of the people that attend will be UL and Memphis fans.

The sessions not featuring those schools will be very peaceful.

It could have been us. We would not have been a part of the "Catholic Seven" or whatever denomination/number they are. The days of the Big East we were a part of became numbered in 2003.

It could have been us. We would not have been a part of the "Catholic Seven" or whatever denomination/number they are. The days of the Big East we were a part of became numbered in 2003.
I don't think they would have split if we were still in play.

If they want to put any fannies in the seats it will always need to be in either Memphis ( Memphis fans will buy up the tix plus Cincy is close by) or Hartford where the UConn fans will buy all the tix. Any place else and it will be sparse.

I don't think they would have split if we were still in play.
Maybe, Maybe not. UConn and us could have been the glue I guess. Unless the ACC was just going to go down the list and UConn was next.

Anyone know how ticket sales were for the CUSA basketball tournament this year? Memphis also hosted the CUSA event between 2005 and 2009. I would expect a bump in attendance next year if Memphis hosts the tourney because of the presence of Louisville. After the Ville departs for the ACC I wouldn't expect Memphis to draw much better than CUSA has. That might be fine, but for UCONN that's a far cry from MSG.

Memphis isn't the worst place to hold a tourney, specifically when you have Memphis and UL in that conference, but you'd think they'd want to avoid the Conference USA connotation in year one.

Attendance will be near sellout this year because of UL and their past rivalries with Memphis and Cincy. After this season, sharp dropoff no matter where they have it.

Anyone know how ticket sales were for the CUSA basketball tournament this year? Memphis also hosted the CUSA event between 2005 and 2009. I would expect a bump in attendance next year if Memphis hosts the tourney because of the presence of Louisville. After the Ville departs for the ACC I wouldn't expect Memphis to draw much better than CUSA has. That might be fine, but for UCONN that's a far cry from MSG.

The championship game was in Tulsa and had about 7k in attendance. Memphis vs USM

memphis is a pretty good spot for those teams.

plenty of worse options.

its a pretty fun little town to have a tourny in.

Beale St should be really bumpin for that.

id go if Cuse 'had' to play there.

but they dont.

:rolling: