Looks like the Big East is really trying to run UConn off | Syracusefan.com

Looks like the Big East is really trying to run UConn off

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Big East is adopting a policy banning teams that are ineligible for NCAA championship competition from competing in its post season tournaments. Would mean no BET or NYC for UConn next season. That should make UConn really happy.

BET Ban too

well if the winner is supposed to get an at large bid why should they be allowed in the tourney? Maybe second place would get the automatic bid instead?

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED! Armstrong steps onto Lunar surface!!

;)

well if the winner is supposed to get an at large bid why should they be allowed in the tourney? Maybe second place would get the automatic bid instead?
SU won it when we were ineligible

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

SU won it when we were ineligible

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk
I thought we made it to the championship game but then lost to Seton Hall something like 103-73

I bet if they shut down their football program the BE would be kissing their a**es

Big East is adopting a policy banning teams that are ineligible for NCAA championship competition from competing in its post season tournaments. Would mean no BET or NYC for UConn next season. That should make UConn really happy.

BET Ban too

Unfortunately, if the ACC follows suit, we might (and I emphasize the word might) be in a similar situation our first year in the league.

Cheers,
Neil

I thought that it was a ban for all tournament play ... or post-regular season play. Wouldn't that eliminate any team in their situation from the BET?

No, it snowed first. Storm of the century. And hardly anyone got to the game.

I would never argue with you otherwise. Yes technically it started snowing first, but not the "a lot" part. That was more Sat night and all day Sunday. I distinctly remember shoveling the driveway in the dark after the game stewing only to find there was another 3 feet to shovel in the morning.

Now, the storm definitely was more intense in NYC on Saturday, but upstate go most of it overnight.

In any event, Seton Hall's future National Runner-up team kicked the living crap out of Syracuse that day.

Edit: dang it Joyce, maybe you are right. Wiki says 12th+ 13th and that was Friday Saturday. I stick by my recall above though even though I know wiki is never wrong.

I would never argue with you otherwise. Yes technically it started snowing first, but not the "a lot" part. That was more Sat night and all day Sunday. I distinctly remember shoveling the driveway in the dark after the game stewing only to find there was another 3 feet to shovel in the morning.

Now, the storm definitely was more intense in NYC on Saturday, but upstate go most of it overnight.

In any event, Seton Hall's future National Runner-up team kicked the living crap out of Syracuse that day.

Edit: dang it Joyce, maybe you are right. Wiki says 12th+ 13th and that was Friday Saturday. I stick by my recall above though even though I know wiki is never wrong.
SH had their run to the FF in 1989, not 1993 when they pummeled us in the BET finals.

BET Ban too
Makes sense. Very embarrassing if the tourney champ (designated the league champ) is ineligible for NCAA post season. I seem to remember 20+ years ago when a non-eligible team won a conference tourney (Louisville in the Metro?). I believe no one from that conference was invited to the big tournament that year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom