Looper: Rented it last night. | Syracusefan.com

Looper: Rented it last night.

I just rented it and saw it last night. I was surprised I didn't see that end coming, but I didn't.

Pretty decent action/time-travel flick.

Would like to discus the ending cause it doesn't make sense. But a discussion would be a spoiler to those who have yet to view the movie.

Isn't there a way to put "Spoiler" on the thread title out to keep out those who have not seen it?

I thought it was a good movie but not the must see that it was hyped up to be. I thought the ending was pretty predictable, not sure how else it could've ended?

Would like to discus the ending cause it doesn't make sense. But a discussion would be a spoiler to those who have yet to view the movie.

SPOILER ALERT!

It makes sense: he foresaw future-self (Bruce Willis) shooting down the mother to get a shot at the kid, the kid escaping and holding a life-long grudge ... resulting in him becoming the infamous "rainmaker" character ... instead he killed himself, thus ceasing the existence of future-self so that he couldn't shoot her

Ultimately, the movie is chock full o' plotholes ... but its still fun and relatively smart.

SPOILER ALERT!

It makes sense: he foresaw future-self (Bruce Willis) shooting down the mother to get a shot at the kid, the kid escaping and holding a life-long grudge ... resulting in him becoming the infamous "rainmaker" character ... instead he killed himself, thus ceasing the existence of future-self so that he couldn't shoot her

Ultimately, the movie is chock full o' plotholes ... but its still fun and relatively smart.

SPOILER ALERT!

If he had decided 20 minute earlier that he wasn't going to kill the kid (in the field when he was hugging his leg), why would future Bruce Willis ever end up in the field at all?

Life to a large degree results from a myriad of random /coincidental events. What if you could go back once in your life to an earlier point in your life for some limited time say about a
week. You get to pick the point but once back have no knowledge of your future or even that you were reliving the time. Do you go back and to what point? And you run the risk of how your decision to go back effects your life when you return to the future.

I would have shot the kid. Dude was a nut job. No amount of ADD meds are going to stop him from being the Rainmaker.

Good movie tho, I enjoyed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom