Losing early in the year at MSG always portends a terrible year. | Syracusefan.com

Losing early in the year at MSG always portends a terrible year.

i'm not saying we are going to be great this year. There will be some real lows, lower than tonight. But there will also be some very gratifying wins along the way. I'm looking forward to the season and watching some of our guys growing into good players, and the team jelling into a very respectable team that might have some nice surprises in store.

Absolutely despise this type of thinking. Think the OP is being sarcastic but plenty of people absolutely think this way and its lazy and just completely wrong. Just because something happened in the past, does not mean it is bound to repeat itself. These are different teams, different times, different opponents. It's like when people say jimmy always exceeds expectations with under the radar teams. How can you say that the same thing will happen this year? It's a different team, different set of players. We really have no idea what will happen but just because we have succeeded in the past with under the radar teams does not mean we are destined to succeed. Idk why but it may be one of my biggest pet peeves.

I know another ragtag team that found itself facing an uphill battle against significant odds: America. But did that stop guys like George Washington and John Adams from kicking some British butt and earning the greatest trophy of all - freedom?

Hell no. Sure, Sam Adams struggled with his outside shot, and Thomas Jefferson was a little sloppy with his defensive rotations, but that group of guys came together and this Syracuse team sure as hell can, too!

I know another ragtag team that found itself facing an uphill battle against significant odds: America. But did that stop guys like George Washington and John Adams from kicking some British butt and earning the greatest trophy of all - freedom?

Hell no. Sure, Sam Adams struggled with his outside shot, and Thomas Jefferson was a little sloppy with his defensive rotations, but that group of guys came together and this Syracuse team sure as hell can, too!

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Quote from JB

We also had the second best scorer in the NBA leading our squad. I can understand and back your point, but it's a tad different scenario.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom