Lot of conspiracy theories out there | Syracusefan.com

Lot of conspiracy theories out there

PhatOrange

Living Legend
no need to rehash them all but could it just be as simple as Marrone striking the NFL while the iron is hot?

Might be my own conspiracy theory but he loses a senior QB, and a veteran offensive corp in pugh, lemon, sales, chibane etc., we enter the ACC. Must break in a brand new QB. A down year (or two) and the opportunity for Marrone to get to that next step could be derailed.

Could be as simple as taking the opportunity while he's got it and not all this alleged 'infighting/money/facilites' happening up on the Hill. At least maybe that stuff is not playing as big a roll as some assume.

Who knows and I assume only Doug and his family know the real reason but it is smart to put yourself out in the market when things are hot or going well. It's just good business.

I've had a few days to digest this all. And while I am devastated to lose Marrone I can honestly say I understand. This man could have been in line for a head coaching position 5 years ago. He had a dream to one day coach the Orange. He chose to do that when the program needed him the most. It gave him experience as a head coach and helped rebuild the program from the depths. And he took on a big risk in doing that. If he had failed at the rebuild, it would have really hurt him as an NFL head coaching candidate. So I really applaud HCDM for taking on the job he did at the time he did. I hate to lose him but I regard him as a savior to this program. We will move on and make no mistake, Doug will not forget us.

Ya, this is clearly part of it. Marrone had a vet QB and he beat up on a shitty conf, non BCS and 1AA teams. His inability to recruit and the fact that he isnt a deep thinker is going to sink him in the ACC,.

no need to rehash them all but could it just be as simple as Marrone striking the NFL while the iron is hot?

Might be my own conspiracy theory but he loses a senior QB, and a veteran offensive corp in pugh, lemon, sales, chibane etc., we enter the ACC. Must break in a brand new QB. A down year (or two) and the opportunity for Marrone to get to that next step could be derailed.

Could be as simple as taking the opportunity while he's got it and not all this alleged 'infighting/money/facilites' happening up on the Hill. At least maybe that stuff is not playing as big a roll as some assume.
i said this before as well.

he had to go now, because he doesnt have the talent to get to 8wins next year and the NFL wont be lined up to take a 4-5-6 W guy.

seems like he hated his time so much on the hill, that he wont come back to Syracuse when he gets canned in buffalo in 3-4 years.

Oh Lord

nah. many other factors.

This is one of the best markets to get into a HC in the NFL as you will likely ever see. His agent probably told him this would be his best chance for at least a few years.

I think there's more to it then that and a lot of it has to do with the personalities involved.

I don't think Marrone's a complicated enough individual to handle all the complications that this board can come up with.

It appears you may have seen this...

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/in...uin_doug_marrones_decisio.html#incart_m-rpt-2

I believe Marrone recognized he was not a deep thinker and bailed before failing the ACC deep thinker benchmark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom