Lots of "if" plays | Syracusefan.com

Lots of "if" plays

kcsu

Living Legend
Been working on a project with a group from AU so up and had the replay on. Every close game seems to have a few plays that make the difference and this one had more than its share.
Mo was part of three plays. The ref play that could have been a much longer gain. The pass that Eric sailed that would have been a TD and of course the fumble.
Erics fumble that was ruled down
The botched snap and missed NC field goal.
The booming Hof punt cover by Shy
The shanked NC punt
The dropped wild cat pass
Shy sniffing out the option pass
SU having too many second team special players on the NC punt return
If any one of these plays has a different result there is a good chance the outcome is different.
Personally i think the difference in the game came down to the NC coaching staffs horrible play calling after Tommy threw the interception. If they had simply run the ball 3 times they most likely kick a game winning FG.

One other point. I think that we are going to see both Eric and Tommy going forward because it will put a huge amount of pressure on opposing Ds. Dino has a tough call on naming a starter but based on Eric not being 100%. Press conf quote" the medical staff has cleared him to play" if you are not injured you dont need to be cleared. I would start Tommy.
Great game. Cant wait to knock the Irish out of the playoffs!
Go Cuse!

We are very very lucky on Tommy's INT the guy trip over his own feet. It looked like a pick 6 in the making.

We are very very lucky on Tommy's INT the guy trip over his own feet. It looked like a pick 6 in the making.
Good point. I was sure it was over after that pick.

Been working on a project with a group from AU so up and had the replay on. Every close game seems to have a few plays that make the difference and this one had more than its share.
Mo was part of three plays. The ref play that could have been a much longer gain. The pass that Eric sailed that would have been a TD and of course the fumble.
The shanked NC punt
If any one of these plays has a different result there is a good chance the outcome is different.
Personally i think the difference in the game came down to the NC coaching staffs horrible play calling after Tommy threw the interception. If they had simply run the ball 3 times they most likely kick a game winning FG.

One other point. I think that we are going to see both Eric and Tommy going forward because it will put a huge amount of pressure on opposing Ds. Dino has a tough call on naming a starter but based on Eric not being 100%. Press conf quote" the medical staff has cleared him to play" if you are not injured you dont need to be cleared. I would start Tommy.
Go Cuse!
NCST's defense was humiliated by Clemson and I can well imagine they are getting a very hard week of practice's. This isn't some sweet spot to slip into where the defense isn't ready for it like his previous insertions. Dino's not going to throw him to the wolves, yet.

I thought he (interception) went down to stop the clock? I didn't see the replay and couldn't figure out why he did that but tripping makes sense.

NCST's defense was humiliated by Clemson and I can well imagine they are getting a very hard week of practice's. This isn't some sweet spot to slip into where the defense isn't ready for it like his previous insertions. Dino's not going to throw him to the wolves, yet.

Throw him to the wolves...I get it.

Yeah, I see see ED being the starter Saturday night as well. Overall, the smart move.

I think Eric starts with a short leash. Unless Eric is on fire, I’d bet Tommy gets a series or two. I don’t think NC State’s D is a factor in the decision making ahead of time. It will be about effectiveness as the game unfolds.

Bit like baseball pitchers.

It's not going to be a leash, I don't think. It's going to be understood by the team that the likelihood both get snaps and series is high.

I think Eric starts with a short leash. Unless Eric is on fire, I’d bet Tommy gets a series or two. I don’t think NC State’s D is a factor in the decision making ahead of time. It will be about effectiveness as the game unfolds.

Bit like baseball pitchers.
If possible, he would No Doubt, like to keep him a bit of an unknown for a team down the road.

The most important was the NC player dropping the 4th down pass with about 2 minutes left in regulation. He just makes that catch, the game is over.
The shanked NC punt

Go Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom