Lots of positives | Syracusefan.com

Lots of positives

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
I know it’s Pitt, but we actually ran an offense today where we passed the ball without Battle.

Hughes and Buddy had great games which is promising for next year.

Now we need Marek to work on free throws and screens.

I know it’s Pitt, but we actually ran an offense today where we passed the ball without Battle.

Second half offense was outstanding.
Ball wasn’t stuck to individuals.
Frank was moving past defenders and passing the ball.
Buddy was Andy Rautins 2.0.
Chukwu was active and Hughes made his shots.
Best part was Oshae was just asked to rebound and he didn’t sulk.

Marek’s FT shooting is killing me. He was 71% last year. 61% this year going into tonight’s game.

That obviously went down.

This is why I love conference tourneys. After that second half, we get to go again tomorrow night and I'm excited to see how we do. Nothing like watching SU basketball two days in a row.

Maybe the muscle he put on in the off-season affected his stroke (obvious sarcasm alert)
He’s much better when he jumps. His form just looks odd from the line. Little forced and not fluid. Hopefully some time in the off-season helps.

Marek’s FT shooting is killing me. He was 71% last year. 61% this year going into tonight’s game.

That obviously went down.

Oshae is also way down on his FT shooting this year. Not sure what's going on with those guys but they gotta get it together!

Frank is absolutely the key to this offense. In the first half he literally didn’t move. He passed and stood.

Second half he penetrated and caused Pitt defenders to move, which allowed our other player to move into the vacated space. It’s really simple to see when you watch Frank.

Oshae is also way down on his FT shooting this year. Not sure what's going on with those guys but they gotta get it together!
OB has been better at the line as of late - maybe he figured out what was causing his "yips" at the line

Frank is absolutely the key to this offense. In the first half he literally didn’t move. He passed and stood.

Second half he penetrated and caused Pitt defenders to move, which allowed our other player to move into the vacated space. It’s really simple to see when you watch Frank.
He was focused in the 2nd half like I haven’t seen since last year. Played pissed I thought.

But pissed in that good way - like last season when he acted like he was in charge. Great sign.

I’d have to re-watch, but Frank still didn’t seem to beat anyone off the dribble. Even on pick-and-rolls where the 5 covers him. Seemed like hitting Marek at the stripe for him to freewheel the ball to the opposite perjurer opened things up.

I saw more dribble-drive penetration from Buddy than Frank but totally agree...we need Frank to attack towards the rim to create.

The difference tonight was that we had 3 guys knocking down 3's and Pitt had one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom