Lots of WR popping up on the recruiting front | Syracusefan.com

Lots of WR popping up on the recruiting front

orangemass

All American
New staff must not be as enamored with our current stable or perhaps we're going to see some 5 wides? ;)

Interesting, considering that the previous coaching staff wasn't even planning on bringing in any WRs.

New staff must not be as enamored with our current stable or perhaps we're going to see some 5 wides? ;)
I'm not sure that any of the new staff members have had time to evaluate the WR corp. If I had to bet, I think this decision came down from Moore and Shafer.

At this point i think it comes down to who the new coaches are involved with that are good players at any position that we can get to switch. It is best athelete time

5 wides,reverse's guess coach shafer really wants us to stay in are seats

Interesting, considering that the previous coaching staff wasn't even planning on bringing in any WRs.
I was thinking the same thing last night. Strange.

I think McDonald being a wr guy may just have some guys out there that he liked and wants to have play for him and our scheme is pretty exciting/attractive to a lot of players. He seems to be a guy that has had a lot of contacts and I'm sure has looked at kids that the previous staff hadn't, didn't want or didn't think we could get.

Plus, we don't know what SS thought of the current guys on the roster, he saw them from his side of the ball so maybe he might want more options.

I still think we're slow on that side of the ball and there's a need to find more playmakers. We really only have 2 WRs who can take a short gainer to the house (Funderburke and Kobena) - and neither has even done that yet.

This might be all just cursory interest though. I haven't seen that we've actually offered any WR's.

Funderburk has yet to play, Kobena is nothing special, Flemming has yet to see the field, Hale has done nothing special(even in practice) to get a sniff, Clark is raw with 1 yr left, Lewis, Foster & Cornelius unproven, West is the only one with any stats and time. Take as many as you can get, if feelings get hurt, tough!! Plus, maybe Lewis goes over to safety.

At this point i think it comes down to who the new coaches are involved with that are good players at any position that we can get to switch. It is best athelete time
My thought as well - maybe just a way of getting the best athletes that are know to the staff, for either the WR spot or elsewhere on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom