Lots to be optimistic about | Syracusefan.com

Lots to be optimistic about

Flacusian

All Conference
There certainly were some things that could provide fodder for concern but the amount of encouraging things we saw on both an individual basis and team as a whole was substantial. The 2 newcomers demonstrated that they are indeed capable of being impactful as freshmen. Patterson's play was something to be excited about.

Perhaps most encouraging of all was the way the team responded after being down 14 and on the verge of really struggling. The fact that they came back at the end of the 1st half and then subsequent to Jimmy's 1/2 time adjustments were able to come back and win this game while showing a variety of ways for the team to be effective bodes well as we venture into this season which seemingly has so much uncertainty.

I think that overall, as a team, they exceeded my expectations and I think they have the talent to become a very good team.

Did Carleton put in subs or play for the win?

Whitey23 said:
Did Carleton put in subs or play for the win?

They were playing to win. Would be huge for their program.

Defense was better in the second half because Rak sat almost the entire first half with foul trouble. It didn't look to me like they did things differently, they just did them better. Rak has become the monster we hoped he would become. I hope Chino can play defense because they will need him. It seemed clear too me that KJ and CMcC were a little lost at times on defense, which is to be expected from freshman, but they will get better as the season goes on.

Most important KJ stat wasn't that he scored 19, it was that he did it in 26 minutes. Loved watching him play.
IMO MVP of this game was Ron Patterson, huge game, timely 3's and great defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom