Louisville hiring Mack should alleviate people worrying when JB retires | Syracusefan.com

Louisville hiring Mack should alleviate people worrying when JB retires

Alsacs

Living Legend
The Louisville Cardinals job is a similar job to Syracuse.
They have had 2 coaches since 1971.
Denny Crum 1971 to 2001.
Rick Pitino 2002 to 2017.

That is similar to the stability Syracuse has had under JB.
They paid above market 4 million per year and because of sanctions gave a long 7 year contract but got a good coach.

If Wildhack wants to go outside of the current staff this Mack hiring tells me Syracuse could get a good established coach if they want when JB retires.

Wonder how much the school will be willing to pay...we knew Lousiville would pretty much pay whatever it takes. Will Syracuse?

Wonder how much the school will be willing to pay...we knew Lousiville would pretty much pay whatever it takes. Will Syracuse?
If the AD won’t pay market 2-3 million a year for the right candidate they will kill their golden goose.

JB has left money on the table from the school. I bet Nike has paid JB almost as much as the school has the last decade.

If the AD won’t pay market 2-3 million a year for the right candidate they will kill their golden goose.

JB has left money on the table from the school. I bet Nike has paid JB almost as much as the school has the last decade.
I think, and CTO may be able to confirm, that most if not all of JB's outside income goes to his foundation.

If they've taken what JB has left on the table over the years and stuffed it in a piggybank, everyone will be in play.