Louisville Over UConn (An easy call) | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Over UConn (An easy call)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Haven't heard the estimates..but my eyeballs tell me at least 25-30,000 fans wearing Red. Being only 700 miles it makes it certainly a driveable game for them but still they have a good fan base. I noticed the "L" hand sign too...very SEC/Big 12 like. Syracuse needs to work a hand sign for our fans to flash...preferably one not involving the middle finger. Maybe making a "round O" with our right hand to signify Otto?

That said if Notre Dame decides to come in for all sports...the league needs to decide UConn or Cincy.

Haven't heard the estimates..but my eyeballs tell me at least 25-30,000 fans wearing Red. Being only 700 miles it makes it certainly a driveable game for them but still they have a good fan base. I noticed the "L" hand sign too...very SEC/Big 12 like. Syracuse needs to work a hand sign for our fans to flash...preferably one not involving the middle finger. Maybe making a "round O" with our right hand to signify Otto?

That said if Notre Dame decides to come in for all sports...the league needs to decide UConn or Cincy.

If I had to choose, I'm going with Cincy.

If I had to choose, I'm going with Cincy. BC wouldn't like the addition of UConn...
Worst Case Scenario: If the Big 10 offered UConn a Big Boy invite...that would put Cuse and BC on an island and marginalize NYC somewhat for the ACC. Cincy does have more FB upside though but UConn offers a close game for both BC and Cuse.

BC would fight that to the end. Recruiting would be effected (although BC would still hold the edge I think).

On the competitive side, I think Cincy is the smarter choice.

Worst Case Scenario: If the Big 10 offered UConn a Big Boy invite...that would put Cuse and BC on an island and marginalize NYC somewhat for the ACC. Cincy does have more FB upside though but UConn offers a close game for both BC and Cuse.
I would take a shot at the moon and ask PSU, then after being laughed at I would ask UCant

I would take a shot at the moon and ask PSU, then after being laughed at I would ask UCant

I heard a rumor not too long ago that the reason the BIG 12 took Rutgers & Maryland is because they feared PSU would jump to the ACC.

This would be Marsh's cue...I am sure you know where he stands...

I'll take that challenge SU and BC vs Rutty and UConn plus the ACC could counter and get a school from Ohio so we'd have NY to PA to Ohio so that would work for me to give the Big 10 a little jab back.

Hopefully by then, the PAC will have raided the Big12 and the ACC could get one of those leftovers (WVU, Kansas, etc.) before settling for UConn/Cinci.

You know how I feel about Louisville's traveling fans. But it's kind of ironic that they're now part of the lowest attended Sugar Bowl in the long history. And it wasn't their fault. It was because of the SEC team.

It's funny you say that because other than the Gator Chomp jesture, the only other hand sign I saw from a Florida fans involved a guy with both middle fingers raised. Camera shot picked it up plain as day. I think this was when UL was up 14-3 or so.

Hopefully by then, the PAC will have raided the Big12 and the ACC could get one of those leftovers (WVU, Kansas, etc.) before settling for UConn/Cinci.

WV fans...yowza. Yeah, WVU over Cincy. Kansas is too far away unless UT was coming and then the league starts to get too big.

Kansas is too far away unless UT was coming and then the league starts to get too big.
Pick any school from that conference and they'd be preferable over the BE leftovers. KU would look better in the B1G, but a 2nd midwestern school (and another hoops power) might fit nicely if the ACC can convince its first midwestern school to go all in.

I would pick Uconn over cincy (can't believe we're gettng into this again) -Several Basketball championships and not #2 in their own state. I also like it for SU basketball rivalry-might diminish the Duke/UNC focus a bit.

Local radio said that going by zip code analysis the Sugar Bowl estimated UofL's numbers at 30,000. They said that "without the red, the bowl would be dead".

There is no doubt that the ACC made the right call with the addition of Louisville.

The radio guys said that UL sold twice as many tickets as UF (through the school). If that is an indicator of the overall ticket sales, then, with a crowd of about 54,000, there were about 18k UF fans and the rest (36k) were UL fans (assuming that there weren't any neutral fans - with neutral fans, it was probably about 30k UL and 15k UF).

I heard a rumor not too long ago that the reason the BIG 12 took Rutgers & Maryland is because they feared PSU would jump to the ACC.
H*ll, we should invite PSU and UTexas. The ACC + PSU + Texas + ND partial is a VERY solid conference. It is very unlikely to happen, but why not throw it up to see if it sticks?

H*ll, we should invite PSU and UTexas. The ACC + PSU + Texas + ND partial is a VERY solid conference. It is very unlikely to happen, but why not throw it up to see if it sticks?

Yeah, Texas will never happen.

Yeah, Texas will never happen.
If the ACC didn't have an equal revenue rule, then it would have happened last year. Texas won't stay in the Big XII, but I do think that they will go to the SEC before they go to the ACC.

Their network might make it hard for anyone thinking about trying to get them. But, definitely, SEC is more likely to get them than the ACC.