Louisville responds to NCAA | Syracusefan.com

Louisville responds to NCAA

To the degree that sex influenced recruiting the value of the benefits is incalculably large and bears no relation to the cost of the prostitutes.

They took their ban last year but they should lose 8-10 scholarships and Pitino get a minimum 8 game suspension.
Strippers for recruits? Sorry. That gets a ban this year for me. Talk about an impermissible benefit. The loss of ships and at least 9 games. Just like JB.

Strippers for recruits? Sorry. That gets a ban this year for me. Talk about an impermissible benefit. The loss of ships and at least 9 games. Just like JB.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. If all we did was impermissible benefits then I would agree but we also had academic fraud which is the biggest thing IMO.

I don't think we get half the sanctions against us if all that was there was the YMCA payments and the odd drug policy.

It is a bit disturbing that strippers were involved but in the day in age we're in I'm sure every school visit turns into some sort of wild oats sowing escapade regardless if their strippers or some basketball bunny that's banging the rest of the team.

Louisville took a ban in a season last year they were a legit top 16 team. I don't expect them to receive a 2 year ban.
They were scummy to their grad transfers last year but they took a legit penalty.
They don't deserve another ban. They should lose a lot of scholarships and give Pitino a suspension in line with Larry Brown and JB.

Louisville took a ban in a season last year they were a legit top 16 team. I don't expect them to receive a 2 year ban.
They were scummy to their grad transfers last year but they took a legit penalty.
They don't deserve another ban. They should lose a lot of scholarships and give Pitino a suspension in line with Larry Brown and JB.
I disagree. I don't care what they gave up last year. Some offenses are so bad that they deserve sever penalties. Giving recruits strippers and hookers fall in to that for me.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. If all we did was impermissible benefits then I would agree but we also had academic fraud which is the biggest thing IMO.

I don't think we get half the sanctions against us if all that was there was the YMCA payments and the odd drug policy.

It is a bit disturbing that strippers were involved but in the day in age we're in I'm sure every school visit turns into some sort of wild oats sowing escapade regardless if their strippers or some basketball bunny that's banging the rest of the team.
Wasn't just strippers. It was hookers as well. For numerous players. We had one kid get too much help on a paper. They had recruits getting hookers.

Wasn't just strippers. It was hookers as well. For numerous players. We had one kid get too much help on a paper. They had recruits getting hookers.

I know I'm different and view things different than others, but are hookers that big of a deal? To me, not really.

From what I've read about the Fab situation, it's sketchy as hell, people changing the paper seemingly without the students knowledge or permission and the freaking AD setting up powwows to "get him eligible", that's a big deal.

All that said, I think we got over punished but I'm not going to go nuts about kids getting their rocks off. There are hookers out there that are less whorish than non-hookers, that's a fact, what's the difference.

I know I'm different and view things different than others, but are hookers that big of a deal? To me, not really.

From what I've read about the Fab situation, it's sketchy as hell, people changing the paper seemingly without the students knowledge or permission and the freaking AD setting up powwows to "get him eligible", that's a big deal.

All that said, I think we got over punished but I'm not going to go nuts about kids getting their rocks off. There are hookers out there that are less whorish than non-hookers, that's a fact, what's the difference.
You really can't be serious. A Louisville staff member gets strippers and hookers for recruits and players and you wonder if it is such a big deal? The NCAA tried to make Conrad M leave Syracuse because he got a meal from a Syracuse coach. And as far as the importance of Melo's paper, the NCAA let you know that academic fraud wasn't that big a deal when they at first gave UNC a pass on having fraud courses. Getting hookers for recruits should be a lot bigger deal than giving a kid unauthorized help on a paper. Please.

If the ville paid to get these young mens beans snapped they should have some serious sanctions .

You really can't be serious. A Louisville staff member gets strippers and hookers for recruits and players and you wonder if it is such a big deal? The NCAA tried to make Conrad M leave Syracuse because he got a meal from a Syracuse coach. And as far as the importance of Melo's paper, the NCAA let you know that academic fraud wasn't that big a deal when they at first gave UNC a pass on having fraud courses. Getting hookers for recruits should be a lot bigger deal than giving a kid unauthorized help on a paper. Please.

Yes, don't think it's a big deal nor a big difference if players get the basket bunnies for recruits or hookers are bought.

I also don't think it's a big deal if Conrad gets a meal.

I do think the UNC thing is bogus and they should have gotten penalized.

Hooking can be extremely dangerous for the hooker and the connection to sex trafficking is obvious. It is illegal in most places for a reason, public health being a big one but also promoting a trade that degrades the practitioner and puts them unreasonably in harms way.

A higher education institution promoting that behavior is ethically challenged at best.

A question for the lawyers on the board: If any of the recruits for whom hookers were hired were under age, would it constitute a criminal act?

A question for the lawyers on the board: If any of the recruits for whom hookers were hired were under age, would it constitute a criminal act?

It all depends on what the legal sex age in Kentucky is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom