Love Dirty | Syracusefan.com

Love Dirty

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
but not his disappearing acts in the scoring department. Its too much of an extreme. I dont expect him to hit 9 three's every game but try to be a little more consistent. although, he does grab some boards, attacks the rim at times and get a steal here and there, we need more consistency from the senior.

Last night he had two good looks that were in and out.. most days they are in and staying in. He was active, had a nice bucket in the paint and wasn't selfish. He also had a block or two that I recall. I think that James has been a focal point since the outburst against arkansas. That will make it tougher for him to get wide open looks against non-press teams. Against teams that want to pressure the ball full court, James is going to get a lot of looks and could have another night in the 25-30 point range this year. Kind of like CJ, its all about taking what they will give us. If we can have better spacing and get the rest of the perimeter guys to hit shots, we don't need James to be super-James.

If we get super CJ or super James in the big games Im good to go. With MCW at the helm, there will most likely be an abundance of open shots available for someone, or easy finishes downlow to get someone going.

He only played 16 minutes and during most of those he was getting harassed by double teams. I don't think he's the kind of talent that shake loose and get himself open regardless. He still managed a couple of good looks and then gave up his remaining minutes to Grant.

seems to me he's not looking to score these last two games - it's possible that JB is consciously trying to establish other guys. Dirty took 40 shots combined in the Princeton/Colgate/Arkansas games, but he has taken only 14 in the last two combined.

Look, the board was worried about DC and TC prior to EMU, and look who got a ton of shots and broke out.

the board was fretting about CJ and Roc prior to LBSU, and look who got a ton of shots and broke out.

but not his disappearing acts in the scoring department. Its too much of an extreme. I dont expect him to hit 9 three's every game but try to be a little more consistent. although, he does grab some boards, attacks the rim at times and get a steal here and there, we need more consistency from the senior.

The great thing about this team this year is that Boeheim is going to be able to go after teams with wing players in waves. Who has defenders at the both 2 and 3 that can handle 40 minutes of a combination of Triche, Fair, Southerland, Grant, and Cooney on the floor.

seems to me he's not looking to score these last two games - it's possible that JB is consciously trying to establish other guys. Dirty took 40 shots combined in the Princeton/Colgate/Arkansas games, but he has taken only 14 in the last two combined.

Look, the board was worried about DC and TC prior to EMU, and look who got a ton of shots and broke out.

the board was fretting about CJ and Roc prior to LBSU, and look who got a ton of shots and broke out.
Seemed like EMU and LBSU gameplanned to take him away offensively also. But like the smart senior he is, he didn't try to force his offense and still did a lot of other nice things in the limited minutes he was out there. Frankly, Southy wasn't needed to be "the man" in these games, and JB had the luxury of giving minutes to others.

I think JB went out if his way to tell Southerland they really needed him for Arkansas. I think it's more of a game by game strategy.

Anyone else notice JB ask him if he wanted to go back in late in the game, James was about to get up then kind of shook his head and JB looked like he asked what's the matter, something along those lines and I could read James lips say "I'm tired". It was late in the game when we had it in hand, but thought it was interesting the relationship they have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom