Love Watching SU in the Capital District | Syracusefan.com

Love Watching SU in the Capital District

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
not! Went to Buffalo Wings restaurant in Clifton Park to watch game. Place was packed. No seats at bar or tables. Tons of guys pre- post and going through adolescence waiting in lobby. Must be between 300 to 400 people. And the only people in the bar that were interested in the game (at least by what I could see) were the 4 in my party.

We got the waitress to put the game on a TV near us instead of the NW bumfk State game. First half we are elated. Second half the TV gets switched over to the unlimited MMA telecast. Most of TVs in bar are on that channel and we found out that the bar is packed primarly by people that want to watch these Neandrethals go after one another. Looked like a scene from a Mad Max movie.

To say the least thats when UL goes on a tear. I blame it all on Buffalo Wild Wings. Never going there again.

not! Went to Buffalo Wings restaurant in Clifton Park to watch game. Place was packed. No seats at bar or tables. Tons of guys pre- post and going through adolescence waiting in lobby. Must be between 300 to 400 people. And the only people in the bar that were interested in the game (at least by what I could see) were the 4 in my party.

We got the waitress to put the game on a TV near us instead of the NW bumfk State game. First half we are elated. Second half the TV gets switched over to the unlimited MMA telecast. Most of TVs in bar are on that channel and we found out that the bar is packed primarly by people that want to watch these Neandrethals go after one another. Looked like a scene from a Mad Max movie.

To say the least thats when UL goes on a tear. I blame it all on Buffalo Wild Wings. Never going there again.

Did you ask them to expand the tournament field or put everything on slo-mo?

Seriously, though, BW3 does blow. I went there on Saturday afternoon for the first time in a few years. They had the Cubs/White Sox preseason game on about 30 of the TVs, and the Mich-Wisconsin game on the remaining 5 or so. I asked them to put on a couple other games (NC State-VA, Butler-LaSalle, and the SEC game on ESPNU). It took them about 15 minutes to "find" the A-10 game despite their elaborate pre-programming system, and the fact that I told them the exact station it would be on Directv. She never put on the UVA game, which I let go since it was a blowout. And then she changed one TV to the Cubs game (which was on WGN) and told me that was ESPNU according to her program sheet. I was amazed.

I just don't understand why "sports bars" don't train staff in using their equipment, and alternatively why they have 50-something TVs but don't have take advantage of their ability to show several games at once.

Finally, 12 boneless wings for $10.50? Ripoff.

On a related note, if anyone uses SportClips, it's similarly annoying. They try to cater to sports fans, yet the local shop uses god awful SD TVs, gets nothing more than basic cable, and have even less of an idea about how to locate games.

Did you ask them to expand the tournament field or put everything on slo-mo?

Seriously, though, BW3 does blow. I went there on Saturday afternoon for the first time in a few years. They had the Cubs/White Sox preseason game on about 30 of the TVs, and the Mich-Wisconsin game on the remaining 5 or so. I asked them to put on a couple other games (NC State-VA, Butler-LaSalle, and the SEC game on ESPNU). It took them about 15 minutes to "find" the A-10 game despite their elaborate pre-programming system, and the fact that I told them the exact station it would be on Directv. She never put on the UVA game, which I let go since it was a blowout. And then she changed one TV to the Cubs game (which was on WGN) and told me that was ESPNU according to her program sheet. I was amazed.

I just don't understand why "sports bars" don't train staff in using their equipment, and alternatively why they have 50-something TVs but don't have take advantage of their ability to show several games at once.

Finally, 12 boneless wings for $10.50? Ripoff.

On a related note, if anyone uses SportClips, it's similarly annoying. They try to cater to sports fans, yet the local shop uses god awful SD TVs, gets nothing more than basic cable, and have even less of an idea about how to locate games.

Well in fairness, most places seem to think having a 17" black and white TV with rabbit ears sitting in the corner give them sports bar status. BW3, I have always been able to get the games I needed there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom