Love watching this team | Syracusefan.com

Love watching this team

EnviroSciGuy

Resident woody plant obsessive
Obviously not a good result (and I forced myself stay away from the game thread for a reason) but I don't think I've enjoyed watching a team develop more than this one. I'll be satisfied if they keep the winning streak alive (confident that they will) and I'll be thrilled if they can make a run in the postseason. Even though the composition of the team is much different, the flow of the season is reminding me of that '05-'06 team that featured the BET run with GMac. I was much less optimistic about that squad...

I agree on all accounts. It's hard to get too down on them as compared to where they were a month or so ago. I really like these guys and expect them to keep the winning season streak alive and keep me emotionally invested through the season and whatever tournament we end up with. Who can you actually dislike on this team?

I agree on all accounts. It's hard to get too down on them as compared to where they were a month or so ago. I really like these guys and expect them to keep the winning season streak alive and keep me emotionally invested through the season and whatever tournament we end up with. Who can you actually dislike on this team?
Exactly! With the '05-'06 team I felt like we were maxing out the talent of a veteran player in GMac, and I was scared of what the future would look like without him. With this squad, it's the opposite; you can see Buddy and Girard getting better game by game, and I'm even seeing more from Sidibe (who has had horrible luck with his knees). Marek is a revelation in terms of his development and really in a category all his own. If you haven't seen JB's presser this evening, his description of Quincy is what I've had trouble articulating. You can see the potential and the drive that this kid has, it's just a matter of time for him. Love his hustle and rebounding. Kid is not afraid to mix it up!

Very likeable, play a much more enjoyable brand of offense.

Not a lot of athletic ability.

That’s the ceiling for this team.

Exactly! With the '05-'06 team I felt like we were maxing out the talent of a veteran player in GMac, and I was scared of what the future would look like without him. With this squad, it's the opposite; you can see Buddy and Girard getting better game by game, and I'm even seeing more from Sidibe (who has had horrible luck with his knees). Marek is a revelation in terms of his development and really in a category all his own. If you haven't seen JB's presser this evening, his description of Quincy is what I've had trouble articulating. You can see the potential and the drive that this kid has, it's just a matter of time for him. Love his hustle and rebounding. Kid is not afraid to mix it up!
Agree on all accounts. I get frustrated with Sid but the biggest problem there is that he's the only C. That's not in him.

Quincy was a warrior last night. Really love what he did. Yeah, he fouled out but without him banging, Carey might have had 40 and 25. He drew about 5 fouls on him that weren't called but that's another topic. I'll have to watch the presser because QG deserves major kudos.

Marek has been the MVP over the last few games. He does a lot of things right. The fouls are tough but it's that style of play that affords all the good things he does too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom