Loved some of the new thing | Syracusefan.com

Loved some of the new thing

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
used tonight. Offensively, we saw much less of the high post screen and roll but much more of a Golden State type weave on offense. We used it more effectively to penetrate than launching 3 pointers but the motion seemed to energize our offense and confuse their defense. Defensively on VT’s press, we saw less of FH and TB trying to break it alone by dribbling and more of OB, MD and MM breaking it with passing in the back court. It pulled their quicker guards down court to cover FH and TB and when they did stay downcourt to press, our forwards could pass over them. VT then went to trapping which had some success but was way too little too late. Loved the balance in this game. We won this game in the paint. Our guards have to improve their tendency to turn over the ball - 9 TO’s between Frank and Tyus is way too many. A HOF coach had a good game plan and the kids executed. Fun game to watch.Wow - VT thankfully was horrible making free throws finally making some in the last 4 minutes.

I was at the game but what was Oshae’s technical for and was there a double technical or flagrant foul or what on Howard?

I was at the game but what was Oshae’s technical for and was there a technical or flagrant foul or what on Howard?[/QUOTE]
OB got a technical for exchanging trash talk with one of the VT players after he was fouled. Double technical. Frank got a flagrant 1 for tripping the VT player after he stole the ball. Was pretty blatant on replay.

I was at the game but what was Oshae’s technical for and was there a technical or flagrant foul or what on Howard?
OB got a technical for exchanging trash talk with one of the VT players after he was fouled. Double technical. Frank got a flagrant 1 for tripping the VT player after he stole the ball. Was pretty blatant on replay.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I figured it had to be trash talking on Oshae despite missing it with it being called at the other end of the court. Tripping on Frank - uggh.

used tonight. Offensively, we saw much less of the high post screen and roll but much more of a Golden State type weave on offense. We used it more effectively to penetrate than launching 3 pointers but the motion seemed to energize the offense and confuse their defense. Defensively on VT’s press, we saw less of FH and TB trying to break it alone by dribbling and more of OB, MD and MM breaking it with passing in the back court. It pulled their quicker guards down court to cover FH and TB and when they did stay downcourt to press, our forwards could pass over them. VT then went to trapping which had some success but was way too little too late. Loved the balance in this game. We won this game in the paint. Our guards have to improve their tendency to turn over the ball - 9 TO’s between Frank and Tyus is way too many. A HOF coach had a good game plan and the kids executed. Fun game to watch.Wow - VT thankfully was horrible making free throws finally making some in the last 4 minutes.

I was at the game but what was Oshae’s technical for and was there a double technical or flagrant foul or what on Howard?

I agree... aggressiveness from Dole' and Oshae was great and JB did a great job preparing the team tonight.

Thank you, I figured it had to be trash talking on Oshae despite missing it with it being called at the other end of the court. Tripping on Frank - uggh.
It was more that Frank pulled the guy down as he was going past him than it was actual tripping. Same result though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom