Loved the new pass play yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Loved the new pass play yesterday

florange44

Scout Team
I think the pass play we ran yesterday with Shrader faking the run into the line then throwing over the middle is a great play. Yesterday it worked to Gadsden once, then Shrader missed LQA on one the would have been a TD.

We should use that 2x per game next year. With Shrader a big threat to run, it’s very hard for a defense to stop.

While we’re at it, let’s throw a wheel route to LQA 2x per game too. That dude is a heck of a receiver.

Florange44

I think the pass play we ran yesterday with Shrader faking the run into the line then throwing over the middle is a great play. Yesterday it worked to Gadsden once, then Shrader missed LQA on one the would have been a TD.

We should use that 2x per game next year. With Shrader a big threat to run, it’s very hard for a defense to stop.

While we’re at it, let’s throw a wheel route to LQA 2x per game too. That dude is a heck of a receiver.

Florange44
You might get away with twice in one game, but you couldn’t use it like that every game

You might get away with twice in one game, but you couldn’t use it like that every game
I think you can with LQA. He can run by a LB or Safety easily if he sells it right. It’s got to be set up correctly of course.

Florange44

It was nice to see the creativity for sure

It could become a little bit like wakes delayed hand off. Run it 5-10 times honestly is not a bad idea. Teams would know it’s to come but it provides another wrinkle to have to prepare for. And we have the perfect QB for that scheme.

Florange44
Yeah that was a RPO. I agree, I like running that with Gadsden. A lot of these concepts are based off the look the defense gives you.

Florange44
You didn’t watch Dungey I guess

It could become a little bit like wakes delayed hand off. Run it 5-10 times honestly is not a bad idea. Teams would know it’s to come but it provides another wrinkle to have to prepare for. And we have the perfect QB for that scheme.
And if they back off Shrader goes for 10 or 15 yards on the play.

let’s use it on the first 4th and 1 we have next year. It’ll go for a TD.

For some reason I thought that was called the Superman pass but Google doesn’t agree. I’ve wondered why we haven’t done that - maybe Tucker wasn’t the right receiving option this year?

I remember back in the big east days there was a game were Cincinnati absolutely destroyed us with the rpo. I always wished for more deception, face it we need to scheme our ways to w’s.

It's a great play, especially given GS reputation to tuck and run. I would love to see the incorporated into weekly playbook. RPO with Allen and run out Villari or Gadsden on delay. I can see that causing some hesitation and headaches for the defense.

I remember back in the big east days there was a game were Cincinnati absolutely destroyed us with the rpo. I always wished for more deception, face it we need to scheme our ways to w’s.
Travis Kelce….

I think the pass play we ran yesterday with Shrader faking the run into the line then throwing over the middle is a great play.
It's actually not new. SU ran that earlier in the season one or two times.

It's actually not new. SU ran that earlier in the season one or two times.
I don’t recall it. If we did i’m Surprised, I see all the games and have been begging for this play since Kelce killed us with it ~10 years ago. I would have noticed, maybe I was in the head. What game was it? Did it work?

I don’t recall it. If we did i’m Surprised, I see all the games and have been begging for this play since Kelce killed us with it ~10 years ago. I would have noticed, maybe I was in the head. What game was it? Did it work?
They ran rpo plays at times during the season but I dont recall them running that specific one. You can only run it so much. Its based on reading a defender that has different responsibilities from play to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom