low hanging fruit on offense | Syracusefan.com

low hanging fruit on offense

Millhouse

Living Legend
if battle and brissett shot 3s like boeheim hughes and howard in conference, there is another 2 ppg. either get the other three those shots or hope they make them. i feel like boeheim is going with the latter

how many turnovers come from brissett and hughes feeling like they should get a turn showing off their ball handling 20 feet away? Hughes contributes enough as a shooter, Brissett contributes enough on defense.

howards worst passes lead to gift layups, easy to not do

no guarantee that they'll do any of this but it's easy to imagine them finally seeing this low hanging fruit and getting it together at the right time.

in the tournament, it will eventually not be enough but there's just so many wasted possessions that could be fixed

Brissett contributes enough on defense? Does he? Cuz he loves leaving shooters open in the corner.

if battle and brissett shot 3s like boeheim hughes and howard in conference, there is another 2 ppg. either get the other three those shots or hope they make them. i feel like boeheim is going with the latter

how many turnovers come from brissett and hughes feeling like they should get a turn showing off their ball handling 20 feet away? Hughes contributes enough as a shooter, Brissett contributes enough on defense.

no guarantee that they'll do any of this but it's easy to imagine them finally seeing this low hanging fruit and getting it together at the right time.

in the tournament, it will eventually not be enough but there's just so many wasted possessions that could be fixed

I agree 100% on the wasted possessions. When you are a decent team and not an unbelievably talented team you need to do the little things. you can not have unforced errors, wasted possessions, inability to grab loose balls. I'll throw in failure to knock down free throws. Games can change on one or two possessions. We need to do the little things, especially when everyone gets tighter in the tournament.

Cuse!

you can blame the zone all you want for rebounding, but the lack of footwork and hand positioning hurts in rebounding more than anything else.. its like the concept of spin or slide your feet/jab step dont exist for most of this team.

In our tourney run last year, we averaged 59 points.

If we have a run this year, it will be because our defense was highly active, well positioned, and confused teams.

It won't be because our offense outscored them. Our style of offense leads to too much freedom and creativity from guys who just aren't that good at it.

Brissett contributes enough on defense? Does he? Cuz he loves leaving shooters open in the corner.

It's not just him.

Various players have been late sliding all year.

I call it the 2-3 Rope A Dope zone...

We dare teams to take open baseline threes like clockwork and we dopeishly payd for it often.

Va Tech was the only team we played who's perimeter and in/out was so fast consistently that they were beating the zone with open looks no matter how well executed our D was.

Virginia had some whiparound possessions as well, but they weren't as consistently fast.. It just didn't matter, as they hit everything, guarded or not.

That’s more an issue with the zone than the player. We’ve been gifting corner 3’s for years. It should be a tax write off.

Of course, JBs “adjustment” is to send a slow footed center to the corner and leave the basket open for an offensive outback.

I like Oshae. He tries, has raw talent, but looks lost without a plan. I’m up in the air as to how I feel about his return

This may be the wrong thread but if we had an offense suited to our talent, everyone in the rotation would be considered pretty good on offense. Well, except maybe Chucky and Sid.