LOwLs | Syracusefan.com

LOwLs

zibby

Starter
Temple just lost at home to Canisius by TEN. So much for an interesting pre-conference game.

After that near catastrophe with Detroit, I don't think we should really be taking anyone too lightly at the moment. We SHOULD run all over them, but in the words of Han Solo, "That's great kid, don't get cocky!"

In temple, looks like Canisus is better than we thought and Temple a little worse.

Frankly, when we played Canisius I thought they looked like a team that could not only make the NCAA Tourney, but also upset someone in the first round. They're a very solid team.

Who knows how good Temple is or isn't. Guess we'll find out on Saturday.

After that near catastrophe with Detroit, I don't think we should really be taking anyone too lightly at the moment. We SHOULD run all over them, but in the words of Han Solo, "That's great kid, don't get cocky!"
You and the damn 80's again. Uncle Rico approves.

Well, technically, the original Star Wars was '77. Even before Uncle Rico was tearing up the gridiron in his daydreams.

Well, technically, the original Star Wars was '77. Even before Uncle Rico was tearing up the gridiron in his daydreams.
If coach would have put me in 4th quarter I'd take State no doubt, no doubt in my mind.

I'm still worried about Temple. The last few minutes of the Detroit game was not a confidence-builder for me.

I'm still worried about Temple. The last few minutes of the Detroit game was not a confidence-builder for me.

They are still dangerous, last year they lost to Bowling Green but beat Duke. Erratic but dangerous.

The last 5 minutes of that game was the best thing to happen to that team. It was literally a blessing in disguse.

I'm expecting to see a much sharper and focused performance Saturday. Win or lose, watching the team develop its identity as it moves through the season is what it's about for me. I really don't "worry" about an opponent until we're in the NCATT and every game could be the last.

Because the transitive property always holds true in college basketball.
well they also played Wagner, I believe, and only won by 8, and we beat them by 31

Saturdays game is a no win situation for us. We win and its "who cares, temple sux, they lost to canisius!" Lose and its "haha you lost to temple, they suck, they lost to canisius!" And its at the garden so its a home game.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

well they also played Wagner, I believe, and only won by 8, and we beat them by 31
I think I'll watch the game anyway, even if the result is preordained.

I'm banking on those last few minutes providing the coaching staff with fodder to ride the team in practice all week. I doubt we'll be caught looking past them or taking them lightly after that near-debacle on Monday.

I'm banking on those last few minutes providing the coaching staff with fodder to ride the team in practice all week. I doubt we'll be caught looking past them or taking them lightly after that near-debacle on Monday.
Agree. I think JB will have a number of "interesting" conversations with the team regarding the last part of the Detroit game.

I think I'll watch the game anyway, even if the result is preordained.
My point was that at some point it is no longer the transitive property and a team just sucks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom