LSU | Syracusefan.com

LSU

zjscuse

All Conference
….. should not be playing this game right now , yeesh! Brings even more good discussion up about opt outs and portal players. The ncaa created this mess by dragging there feet as long as they could instead of spending that time constructing a proper plan for all of this. Whole sport is in chaos except the top what 6-8 teams. Having only 38 scholarship players on your roster for a bowl game is insane!

Yep, tough to watch. Ksu preening like they’re accomplishing something is just about equally sad.

Yep, tough to watch. Ksu preening like they’re accomplishing something is just about equally sad.

Its a bowl game vs a big name opponent. It would mean more if it was a week ago and not this weird time slot. You have to be pretty good at football to go to LSU on a scholarship even if you are 3rd string.

They would be losing just as bad with Brad Johnsons kid who is an awful QB.

Its a bowl game vs a big name opponent. It would mean more if it was a week ago and not this weird time slot. You have to be pretty good at football to go to LSU on a scholarship even if you are 3rd string.

They would be losing just as bad with Brad Johnsons kid who is an awful QB.
They have 38 scholarship players, none at qb and a makeshift/lame duck staff. Ksu ain’t good but there’s no other way this could go. This was the simplest game to call.

….. should not be playing this game right now , yeesh! Brings even more good discussion up about opt outs and portal players. The ncaa created this mess by dragging there feet as long as they could instead of spending that time constructing a proper plan for all of this. Whole sport is in chaos except the top what 6-8 teams. Having only 38 scholarship players on your roster for a bowl game is insane!
I hear this a lot, especially on the national college talk shows (Sirius ESPNU) but it is always open ended. Oh they should do SOMETHING.

Regarding the transfer portal, what are they supposed to do? Force the kids to stay/play if they don't want to? To me, I think that the portal is a convenient way for coaches to run kids off. But it seems that a lot of times that it is mentioned...'Oh, the kids have to realize that it isn't always the best to transfer'. Maybe the coach 'encouraged' the kid to move on...

Regarding NIL, yes, I guess the NCAA could have come up with some plan that would have been totally ignored by a lot of the schools. As many have mentioned...not much has changed it is only brought out in the open now. So, three years ago, the NCAA didn't allow this money to kids but most schools did it anyway. What, they are suddenly going to follow the rules?

Regarding both: I think that no matter what the NCAA came/comes up with, it would be immediately challenged in court. And probably shot down. And even if it wasn't, a sizable portion of the membership wouldn't bother to follow it anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom