Luicci dissing ACC | Syracusefan.com

Luicci dissing ACC

Luicci is a bitter douchebag. He has hated SU for years. I get the StarLedger and while it is a good sports section, Luicci is so anit-SU that I just have to laugh. I was joking with my wife this morning that if we beat RU, he will point out how it was the worst RU has played this season and how bad the timing was for their worst game.

Mark my words.

I've read Luicci for years. I know he dislikes SU. He's also ticked off that Rutgers was left out of the ACC and he's letting it be known in the paper. Very unprofessional. It would nice to stick it in his face Saturday. It would also be nice if the ACC started playing better on the field so he wouldn't be able to crucify the conference. The ACC has $&!@ the bed this year.

I've read Luicci for years. I know he dislikes SU. He's also ticked off that Rutgers was left out of the ACC and he's letting it be known in the paper. Very unprofessional. It would nice to stick it in his face Saturday. It would also be nice if the ACC started playing better on the field so he wouldn't be able to crucify the conference. The ACC has $&!@ the bed this year.
I've read him for years also, living in NJ. If you get past his venom for SU, he actually pretty good. But obviously, he drank the RU Kool Aid (can't say I blame him after having to cover that god-awful team for so many years). But I was taken aback also at the unprofessionalism.

So the ACC is "terrible." The Big East is still worse.

So the ACC is "terrible." The Big East is still worse.

Can't really argue with him this year. The ACC is way down. The BE has three teams in the top 25, the ACC has two. If West Virginia was still in the BE, it would be 4. Miami and Virginia Tech are really hurting the ACC's image this year. BC losing to Army doesn't help.

He hates SU and the ACC but he also takes a lot of shots at rutgirls and the BE. I think he hates everyone and is a bitter man and wanted to ride rutgirls coattails to another conference to cover.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Can't really argue with him this year. The ACC is way down. The BE has three teams in the top 25, the ACC has two. If West Virginia was still in the BE, it would be 4. Miami and Virginia Tech are really hurting the ACC's image this year. BC losing to Army doesn't help.

But West Virginia is not in the Big East, so it doesn't even count with an asterisk.

The 3 Big East teams all need to play each other, so they won't be Top 25 for long. They are all 1 loss away from dropping out. Hopefully one of them happens this weekend.

If it were a stock, where would you put your money on more successful team in the future. VT/Miami or Cincy/Rutgers? (keep in mind that the goal would be to make money on this stock). I'm leaving Louisville out, because if the Big 12 rescues anyone from the sinking ship, it will be them.

But West Virginia is not in the Big East, so it doesn't even count with an asterisk.

The 3 Big East teams all need to play each other, so they won't be Top 25 for long. They are all 1 loss away from dropping out. Hopefully one of them happens this weekend.

If it were a stock, where would you put your money on more successful team in the future. VT/Miami or Cincy/Rutgers? (keep in mind that the goal would be to make money on this stock). I'm leaving Louisville out, because if the Big 12 rescues anyone from the sinking ship, it will be them.

No doubt, we'll be better off in the long run. The perception right now just isn't good. I'm really baffled over the play of Miami and Virginia Tech. Just too much talent there to be struggling the way they are.

No doubt, we'll be better off in the long run. The perception right now just isn't good. I'm really baffled over the play of Miami and Virginia Tech. Just too much talent there to be struggling the way they are.

Miami is struggling in their recovery from the Randy Shannon era, a guy who just wasn't ready to be a head coach. They are playing almost all freshmen and sophomores on D right now. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll improve when they're Juniors/Seniors. And there is still a cloud over that program until sanctions are handed down. Uphill climb, but should have the right guy for the job, if he decides to stick it out.

Not sure what's going on at VT, but I sure am enjoying it. Their D isn't playing like VT defenses do. On offense, they didn't have another guy step up at RB like they usually do. Position is a mess. Hilarious.

FSU really choked on Saturday night. Had the game in control at halftime, but the ghosts of Raleigh got them yet again. That loss hurt the league's perception more than anything else. Need a headliner these days.

If you really think Rutgers is a top 25 team,then we are at an impasse. Suffice to say any conference with brand names such as Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NCState, and yes even eventually Syracuse and Pitt is going to be head and shoulders above a conference made of of a patchwork of overlooked programs from the flotsam and jetsam of D1 football.

If you really think Rutgers is a top 25 team,then we are at an impasse. Suffice to say any conference with brand names such as Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NCState, and yes even eventually Syracuse and Pitt is going to be head and shoulders above a conference made of of a patchwork of overlooked programs from the flotsam and jetsam of D1 football.

I have been saying that word all along. BRAND. Its the reason we were given a seat at the table despite our putrid results he last 8 years.

ACC football, as a brand, is head and shoulders above Big East football, despite the rather even on field results the last 5 years.

And you are correct, Rutgers is not a top 25 team in this country. That's simply a factor of them running thru a ridiculous schedule to this point.

Doesn't the same analysis apply to the Pac 12 and the Big Ten?

Really, when you think about it, even the SEC is hard to gauge - only Alabama seems like a world beater this year.

Bad column.

I don't understand his comments about Duke. So what if they're doing well this season? They're much improved this season and have been bringing in some solid talent.

The Conf.-USA 2.0 programs can talk all they want.

But we and they know that

they would all jump ship in a second to the ACC.

Scroll down a bit

http://www.nj.com/collegefootball/index.ssf/2012/10/college_football_plus_1.html[/quote]

The ACC is down Yes. But his Duke comment is misplaced. Duke has shown remarkable improvement with David Cutcliffe as the coach. He is a remarkable quarterback coach who coached at Tennessee and Mississippi and is responsible for turning out Peyton and Eli Manning. He is now turning out great quarterback play at Duke if you can believe it.

Duke isn't ready to roll into Tallahassee and win yet. That's true. But the 5-1 record is deserved by Duke. I know it seems strange, but so is discussing Rutgers this time of year too.