Luke Kennard | Syracusefan.com

Luke Kennard

Eric15

Living Legend
Since we won, I feel emotionally secure enough to say that I think this guy is unbelievable. A heady, extremely athletic player who seems to always be in the right place at the right time. He's going to have a very long NBA career. And he's not a douche, which is rare for Duke.

On the whole, this isn't a very hatable Duke team. Tatum and Kennard are very talented and easy to root for

Jefferson gets on my nerves. Allen of course. Tatum's demeanor wasn't exactly warm and fuzzy. Nothing to dislike about Kennard.

Definitely hard to dislike. Was certain he would drill one at the end. Gonna be a great scorer in the NBA, whenever that may be. Luckily, he drove, and Gillon played great D. Also, shout out to Lydon for some big boards late. He makes sure he gets up there, and gets it. White seems lackadaisical on the glass.

If Kennard comes back, he's going to be bananas. There's not a lot he can't do with the ball. Rare to see a guy make this kind of leap in one year.

He can't defend, but he's fun to watch.

His jumpshot is so smooth too

Great college player. Not sure how he will translate to the NBA. He's a late first round pick at best and ranked behind Lydon on most mock drafts.

Since we won, I feel emotionally secure enough to say that I think this guy is unbelievable. A heady, extremely athletic player who seems to always be in the right place at the right time. He's going to have a very long NBA career. And he's not a douche, which is rare for Duke.

but so obsessed with his hair...

...because the poor kid is losing it already. He'll be practically bald by 25.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Anyone else having issues with the site this morning?

He is terrific. Great college player. His leap this year is like Rak's going into Rak's last year. Not sure how his game translates. Maybe just a bit smooth and not explosive/quick enough. Seems like a rich man's Kapono or Taylor King.

Tatum is the one guy who I was really wowed by. That guy was doing everything and is explosive.

I'm sick of Duke getting really skilled college players that will stay 4 years and have limited pro upside... Scheyer...Singler...Jefferson...Cook... now Kennard. Where can we find some of these?

His offensive game reminds me a bit of Adam Morrison. Alot of leverage based shots, where he just creates enough space to get a shot off.

2 concerns
1) That may not work in the NBA
2) He decides to stay in the NCAA a little longer.. please leave.

Major offensive talent, any time you break LeBron James' State of Ohio High School scoring record, your doing something right

...because the poor kid is losing it already. He'll be practically bald by 25.
mh.jpg

We had one of those once before!

Franklin, Ohio (Cincinnati area) kid. Good kid with a good reputation in HS.

In other words...his parents raised him on the model of yesteryear, aka the standard. :)

Really like this kid's game. Smooth, quick release, and he's ambidextrous.

That said, I felt that he struggled a bit against the zone.