Lunardi and Seth Davis both vote Cuse 6th. | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi and Seth Davis both vote Cuse 6th.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Look at where they have Florida. No way we are worst than 3rd or 4th (although I am biased and would vote us 2nd).

Joe Lunardi@ESPNLunardi
01-Indiana, 02-Duke, 03-Florida, 04-Michigan, 05-Louisville, 06-Syracuse, 07-Ohio State, 08-Kansas, 09-Arizona, 10-Minnesota, 11-Cincinnati

Seth Davis@SethDavisHoops
1. IU 2. Duke 3. Lou 4. Mich 5. Ohio St 6. Syr 7. Ariz 8. KU 9. Fla 10. Cincy 11. Illinois 12. Mizzou 13. Gonz 14. Mich St 15. SDSU 16. Pitt

Look at where they have Florida. No way we are worst than 3rd or 4th (although I am biased and would vote us 2nd).

Joe Lunardi@ESPNLunardi
01-Indiana, 02-Duke, 03-Florida, 04-Michigan, 05-Louisville, 06-Syracuse, 07-Ohio State, 08-Kansas, 09-Arizona, 10-Minnesota, 11-Cincinnati

Seth Davis@SethDavisHoops
1. IU 2. Duke 3. Lou 4. Mich 5. Ohio St 6. Syr 7. Ariz 8. KU 9. Fla 10. Cincy 11. Illinois 12. Mizzou 13. Gonz 14. Mich St 15. SDSU 16. Pitt

You don't say?

Florida deserves to be 3rd no doubt, they have SMASHED Marquette, Wisconsin, and Florida State. I have no qualms with them and honestly I don't care if we are 4th,5th,or 6th. Seth Davis has Louisville and Ohio State ahead of us whatever. I would rank us behind Duke, Indiana, Florida, and Michigan.

Florida deserves to be 3rd no doubt, they have SMASHED Marquette, Wisconsin, and Florida State. I have no qualms with them and honestly I don't care if we are 4th,5th,or 6th. Seth Davis has Louisville and Ohio State ahead of us whatever. I would rank us behind Duke, Indiana, Florida, and Michigan.
Florida State lost to Mercer and South Alabama. Not impressive. Marquette lost to Butler. Not impressive. Wiscy lost to Marquette and UVA.

The only ranked team they beat was Wiscy who isn't ranked anymore. Color me unimpressed.

Florida State lost to Mercer and South Alabama. Not impressive. Marquette lost to Butler. Not impressive. Wiscy lost to Marquette and UVA.

The only ranked team they beat was Wiscy who isn't ranked anymore. Color me unimpressed.
I'm going to really catch hell for this from some. Color me unimpressed with Duke.

I'm going to really catch hell for this from some. Color me unimpressed with Duke.
I will say just one thing about Duke: I hope we handle Temple as well as they did.

At least Duke beat good teams. Granted, Kentucky's struggled and Louisville was without Dieng but OSU was a great win for them and the other two were still good wins.

L
At least Duke beat good teams. Granted, Kentucky's struggled and Louisville was without Dieng but OSU was a great win for them and the other two were still good wins.
I agree. Good for the resume.

Say what? Duke has arguably the greatest "body of work" for the 9th of December in the history of basketball. Among their wins so far:

Louisville (ranked #2 at the time, still #5)
Ohio State (#4 at the time, still #7)
Kentucky (#3 at the time)
Minnesota (now 10-1, ranked 14th)
Temple (was undefeated at the time, many on the board thought they had a shot to beat Duke)
VCU (a perrenial tourney team the last few years)

I hate Duke just as much as anyone, but it should be them, not Indiana ranked #1. Remember, Georgetown took Indiana to overtime. This is the same Georgetown team that scored 37 points against Tennessee and very nearly lost to Towson State yesterday.

Say what? Duke has arguably the greatest "body of work" for the 9th of December in the history of basketball. Among their wins so far:

Temple (was undefeated at the time, many on the board thought they would give Duke a game)
VCU (a perrenial tourney team as of late)

I hate Duke just as much as anyone, but it should be them, not Indiana ranked #1. Remember, Georgetown took Indiana to overtime. This is the same Georgetown team that scored 37 points against Tennesse and very nearly lost to Towson State yesterday.

but none of those wins were true road games! :eek:

Temple (was undefeated at the time, many on the board thought they had a shot to beat Duke)
VCU (a perrenial tourney team the last few years)

I hate Duke just as much as anyone, but it should be them, not Indiana ranked #1. Remember, Georgetown took Indiana to overtime. This is the same Georgetown team that scored 37 points against Tennessee and very nearly lost to Towson State yesterday.
Ok I give in.
OSU is paper thin if Rosey Cheeks or Thomas get in foul trouble they are cooked. Temple beat a shitty Nova team and that's it. UK sucks and the pollsters finally realize how much they overrated them. Minnesota is Minnesota, ok win jury is still out on them could be a good win later. UL could have won that game even without their big man. VCU was a good win we will see how good.

It will be a similar win.
Strange thought process.
1. You are unimpressed with Duke
2. You think we will have a similar dominating victory over Temple.

Does that mean you will be unimpressed with Syracuse after a blowout win over Temple?

Those two aren't on the selection/seeding committee, right? Who fluckin' cares?

Strange thought process.
1. You are unimpressed with Duke
2. You think we will have a similar dominating victory over Temple.

Does that mean you will be unimpressed with Syracuse after a blowout win over Temple?
I've stated previously I thought that was Dukes best game. I don't think Syracuse has to play at their highest level for the same result.

IU, Duke, and Louisville, have been the most impressive so far, IMO.
Duke is a little thin, and UL's defense is what makes them click- but I don't have faith in the inconsistent Siva or Russ Smith.
IU has the total package- Zeller's a beast, heady PG and SG, defensive stopper in Olidipo, wily vet in Watford, & a good bench.
They know their roles, play them well, & are deserving of #1.
We are a top 10 team and right where we need to be right now. As long as we can pull off a 1-3 seed in the Dance, we should be fine.