Lunardi chat | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi chat

I just don't have the warm-n-fuzzies about tonight's game. I think LVille goes crazy with the 3ball tonight...

Of
I just don't have the warm-n-fuzzies about tonight's game. I think LVille goes crazy with the 3ball tonight...
Of course they will. Kuric will most certainly go off like Larry Bird tonight.

every time i feel nervous about a game, i remember that we have dion waiters and no one else does.

Lunardi said in his chat today (http://m.espn.go.com/general/chat/chat?eventId=42495#page=1) that he 1) thinks we will lose tonight, and 2) expects Kentucky to be the #1 overall seed in a month. But, 3) he still thinks we will be in Boston "almost certainly."

Edit: just realized that's the mobile link, as I'm typing this on my iPad.
The question about Boston came with "if Syracuse loses to Louisville twice".

I think a split with Louisville and winning out in the reg season will guarantee us Boston.

I assume I'm not the only one that would rather be the 2 in Boston than a 1 out West?

The question about Boston came with "if Syracuse loses to Louisville twice".

I think a split with Louisville and winning out in the reg season will guarantee us Boston.

I assume I'm not the only one that would rather be the 2 in Boston than a 1 out West?

Exactly. 1 and 2 seed is the same. 2 seed east and we're golden

If we wind up a 2 seed anywhere, I'll be royally pissed because it means we will have utterly collapsed down the stretch.

Of

Nah, probably not Kuric, but rather some other bench guy that makes a name for himself tonight for the first time...a la Kuric two seasons ago...Oh Lord

I didn't realize we've lost 7 straight, but I can remember pretty much exactly when that trend started. I was still just dating my wife, I watched most of a game at Louisville at her apartment before we left to go to a party some friends were throwing. We were up probably 15-17 when we left.

And then, we get to the party and I see the score...and it's close. I keep leaving the room to check on their computer...and we freaking lose. We blow a double digit lead on the road. I THINK this was about four years ago, so I blame myself for this tailspin against them. Bailing on the team while we were up big was bad mojo.

Tonight is my 9 month old son's first game against them, though, so hopefully the mojo will return.

Actually I have a good feeling about tonight

I think the last three games teams getting good ball movement against us has become apparent and JB knows it needs a fix.
I bet on us working really hard on practice the last few days and we are going to bring that tonight!

That and Triche is going to utilize more of the floor tonight :)
Dion and Scoop got to bring the toughness no high risk highlight reels just good no turnover basketball :)

Of
That is a given. I am waiting for one of the Smith's to go off. Last year it was Buckles.

Peyton Siva...18% from three...

GOOOOOOOD!

44cuse

What's working in our favor is SU and UK separating themselves from the rest of the pack. 1 or 2 overall doesn't matter, SU still gets Boston. With tonight's win SU can go 3-1 down the stretch and make the BET semi-finals and Boston is safe.

Barring a complete collapse, I think we have #1 in the East locked up. UK was always going to Atlanta, so that was never an issue (UK getting Boston). The reason we need to keep winning is so that we don't end up with a strong 2 seed in our bracket. I don't want to see UNC in our bracket.

Barring a complete collapse, I think we have #1 in the East locked up. UK was always going to Atlanta, so that was never an issue (UK getting Boston). The reason we need to keep winning is so that we don't end up with a strong 2 seed in our bracket. I don't want to see UNC in our bracket.

Give me UNC all day if it means the "football school" gets a 2 seed elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom