Lunardi has us as a 4 seed right now | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi has us as a 4 seed right now

True. And also another reason I am excited is how young last years team was. We’re not talking about a mediocre veteran team that lost 14 games. It was an extremely young team. Lots of those guys should develop into much better players than they were last year.
My take...
Oshae - VERY young, lots of room for improvement, very high ceiling
Tyus - Young, room for some incremental improvement, nearing ceiling?
Marek - VERY young, lots of room for improvement, high ceiling??
Chukwu - Young, room for some improvement, nearing ceiling?
Frank - Young, room for some improvement, nearing ceiling?
Sidibe - VERY young, lots of room for improvement, high ceiling
Hughes - VERY young, we'll see, ceiling ???????

That ain't happening. Offense comes and goes but defense stays. Our defense inoculates us from losing to a 16 seed. In addition, we will be the tallest team in the Nation and a 16th seed will be a midget team. If we are a 1 or 2 seed it will be because we deserve it. Your post is based on the illogical assumption that if we are a 1 or 2 seed we will be over-seeded, (therefore subject to being upset in the first round.)

While I agree our system likely positions us to avoid such a loss, at least by such a margin, single elimination things can happen. But Virginia's D was maybe the best in the country. Your conclusion may be right but your logic is flawed.

don't be silly. I'd be willing to bet that it will be years before another 1 seed loses in the first round. At least you are retreating from your original assertion that if we are a 1 seed we will lose to a 16 seed by over 21 points.

That ain't happening. Offense comes and goes but defense stays. Our defense inoculates us from losing to a 16 seed. In addition, we will be the tallest team in the Nation and a 16th seed will be a midget team. If we are a 1 or 2 seed it will be because we deserve it. Your post is based on the illogical assumption that if we are a 1 or 2 seed we will be over-seeded, (therefore subject to being upset in the first round.)

Your post is based on not understanding how jokes work, I think.

Is this post for real? LOL

You guys were clearly overseeded, because, um, you weren't tall enough.

I agree we were overseeded. No way our team without Hunter deserved a 1-seed. Sadly, the seeds were revealed before the Hunter injury was.

I agree we were overseeded. No way our team without Hunter deserved a 1-seed. Sadly, the seeds were revealed before the Hunter injury was.
Normally, not something to be sad about. The way it turned out, however...

Normally, not something to be sad about. The way it turned out, however...

Yeah, it definitely doesn't excuse the loss. Just something I'll have to live with the rest of my life. :bat:

Virginia doesn't play good defense?

True. And also another reason I am excited is how young last years team was. We’re not talking about a mediocre veteran team that lost 14 games. It was an extremely young team. Lots of those guys should develop into much better players than they were last year.
This has me the most excited. It's been quite a whike since we had a young team return all of it's key pieces while adding a few more.

Hey, most of us SU fans don’t even remember the Richmond loss.
Unfortunately for me, my GF lives a few doors down from Kenny Wood, who was a prominent member of that team. He seems like a very nice guy (and a vey nice family), but I told him I break out in a sweat every time I see him.

Unfortunately for me, my GF lives a few doors down from Kenny Wood, who was a prominent member of that team. He seems like a very nice guy (and a vey nice family), but I told him I break out in a sweat every time I see him.

For a second I thought you were referring to the Pittsburgh amusement park.

hd_kennywood_20170327163513043_7624014_ver1.0_640_360_20170505005610100_7972356_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom