Lunardi update for the day - still has us in, back in the South playing against USC. | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi update for the day - still has us in, back in the South playing against USC.

The biggest cakewalk yet...and it starts off with the Tony Bland Revenge Game.

SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW!

I do think it's telling that Lunardi has 3 "in" teams behind us. That tells me he thinks we could have an A10 or AAC bid steal and still be in.

Lunardi is always wrong about the bottom we aren't last 4 in. We are in the tournament.

I refuse to believe the committee doesn't factor in conferences when they do this stuff.

East-West play in ratings bonanza for the Network in what has been a meh event usually. Sounds about right.

I thought if we got in last year we would be in the last 4.

I think we have to be resigned to the fact that if we get in, we will be in Dayton. But I think every single one of us would have taken that at Wednesday around 2PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we're higher. We were last year. The 10-11 seed range is where you want to be

RI is currently "Out". Win today and they will be "In". Palm probably has us has 20th team out.
It's insane that wins over Bonnie and Davidson could move the needle for URI. That cannot be the case. The committee cannot just count these weak W's as anything to change what teams are in or out.

Lunardi has Rhode Island and Illinois St. as the only teams on the bubble left with a chance that are out. I think Illinois St. should definitely be out though.

Illinois State's best win was against Wichita State who they also lost to twice. After that their next best win is New Mexico and then they don't have any RPI top 125 wins besides those two. The only thing keeping them alive is that they are 20-1 in the RPI 150+. Take that out of the equation and they are 6-5 against the RPI top 150 with three of those six wins being against Southern Illinois (RPI 143). The MVC should be a one bid conference. Don't see Illinois State getting in, and I don't think they are a threat to Syracuse.

Rhode Island is definitely closer then Illinois St. If the committee had to choose right now, I'd think Kansas St. vs. Rhode Island could be the last decision and it'd really come down to how much they value overall record vs. top wins. I'd probably still give it to Kansas St. since they have 4 wins in the RPI top 50. Rhode Island may need to win their conference tourney to get in at this point, but if they fall just short they may still have a chance at an at-large bid.

If Lunardi is right in that these are the final two teams projected to be left out, I have to like our chances of getting in.

Resigned? I will scream like Will Ferrell screamed "Sannnnnntttta!" in Elf if we're in Dayton.
lol touche

Lunardi has Rhode Island and Illinois St. as the only teams on the bubble left with a chance that are out. I think Illinois St. should definitely be out though.

Illinois State's best win was against Wichita State who they also lost to twice. After that their next best win is New Mexico and then they don't have any RPI top 125 wins besides those two. The only thing keeping them alive is that they are 20-1 in the RPI 150+. Take that out of the equation and they are 6-5 against the RPI top 150 with three of those six wins being against Southern Illinois (RPI 143). The MVC should be a one bid conference. Don't see Illinois State getting in, and I don't think they are a threat to Syracuse.

Rhode Island is definitely closer then Illinois St. If the committee had to choose right now, I'd think Kansas St. vs. Rhode Island could be the last decision and it'd really come down to how much they value overall record vs. top wins. I'd probably still give it to Kansas St. since they have 4 wins in the RPI top 50. Rhode Island may need to win their conference tourney to get in at this point, but if they fall just short they may still have a chance at an at-large bid.

If Lunardi is right in that these are the final two teams projected to be left out, I have to like our chances of getting in.

Yes, if URI loses today then that pretty much locks up the possible bubble teams (URI will be on the bubble with a win today still though). Our concern now is strictly bid stealers - Bama, UConn, UCF, etc. If Lunardi bumps us out, it's because 2 or 3 teams won their conference tourney's that would not have gotten at-larges otherwise

It's insane that wins over Bonnie and Davidson could move the needle for URI. That cannot be the case. The committee cannot just count these weak W's as anything to change what teams are in or out.
The committee is weird about teams that make tourney finals. They definitely seem to give bonus points to thos teams almost regardless of who they beat to get there.

Uri over Davidson should not move the needle. But uri making the tourney final in general may be more of a bonus than we are expecting.

lol touche

Yes, if URI loses today then that pretty much locks up the possible bubble teams (URI will be on the bubble with a win today still though). Our concern now is strictly bid stealers - Bama, UConn, UCF, etc. If Lunardi bumps us out, it's because 2 or 3 teams won their conference tourney's that would not have gotten at-larges otherwise
I'm fully expecting uconn to get smoked today. If they somehow pull it off today I'll get worried about the typical uconn Magic run bs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom