Luther out, Artis probably for saturday | Syracusefan.com

Luther out, Artis probably for saturday

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
Artis didn't practice on Thursday as his ankle was still swollen. But Pitt expects that he will be ready to give it a go on Saturday. Luther, the 6-9 forward who has logged the 6th most average minutes for the panthers is 100% out.

Luther's been out since early Jan... Artis will be hobbled but will play alot, hopefully will be less effective... Young has come back around for them the last few games - think it will have to be him and Johnson having big games to beat us

Luther is that energy guy who typically gets tons of offensive rebounds and put backs against our zone. I am glad he is out.
This game is huge as it would be our 3rd road win in a row.

Luther is that energy guy who typically gets tons of offensive rebounds and put backs against our zone. I am glad he is out.
This game is huge for Pitt too. Contrary to popular belief their NCAA's hopes are not yet extinct. They finally snapped their 8 game losing streak this week. This game is their first of three straight home games. In their minds, they can win 6 of their last 7 putting them at 19-12 going into the ACCT. Win one or two games there and they could be dancing.

He really didn't so much other than play 16 minuets last game. Artis hurt us. He played 38 minutes. Scored about 23. If he is short of that tomorrow, it will make it very tough for them.

This game is huge for Pitt too. Contrary to popular belief their NCAA's hopes are not yet extinct. They finally snapped their 8 game losing streak this week. This game is their first of three straight home games. In their minds, they can win 6 of their last 7 putting them at 19-12 going into the ACCT. Win one or two games there and they could be dancing.
They are dreaming. They just beat Boston College. Let's not get carried away.

That's not happening . Guarandamnteed

He really didn't so much other than play 16 minuets last game. Artis hurt us. He played 38 minutes. Scored about 23. If he is short of that tomorrow, it will make it very tough for them.

Artis and Young are the best scoring duo in the nation. You can pretty much pencil them in for 20 each every game. Maybe Artis will be slightly hobbled.

We should have open shooters, just need to knock down the open looks and play some semblance of defense. This is a bad matchup for TT defensively. I look for Roberson to play a lot and be a big key defensively and on the glass. He had 10 rebounds and 6 blocks against Pitt earlier this year. Obviously that will mean TL at the 5. He has to avoid foul trouble.

Last edited:
Do they have a Random White Guy(tm) on the bench someplace?

Because that guy is about to go OFF. :p

No but they have Earl The Goat Manigault's nephew.

Chevy Troutman
Don't like hearing that name.
He was old school banger and killed the Orange.
Saturday the thing to worry about is point play from 25th year senior Sean Miller.

If I remember correctly, Artis did most of his scoring in the 2nd half when the game was already over. We were up 21 at the half and up 24 with 12:40 to go in the game. Artis then scored 16 of his 23 points. Artis, Young and Jeter always have the potential to go off.

In a recent Pitt game, Rozelle Nix was in the game -- 6'11" and 300 pounds. Doesn't usually play much but can you imagine Lydon and Thompson blocking him out on a rebound? I think he wandered in from the football field.

They are dreaming. They just beat Boston College. Let's not get carried away.

Hey, we lost to BC and look where we are now.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but from we were a few weeks ago, it's hard to count anything out is all

In a recent Pitt game, Rozelle Nix was in the game -- 6'11" and 300 pounds. Doesn't usually play much but can you imagine Lydon and Thompson blocking him out on a rebound? I think he wandered in from the football field.
can you imagine him trying to stay with them as they race up the court?

can you imagine him trying to stay with them as they race up the court?

lol yeah forreal. Ojo is a lot more skilled than Nix and Hamilton could barely play Ojo against us. It sounds great when rebounding (Ontario Lett?!?) - but the dude would get abused on defense.