Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Lydon

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Did it appear to anyone else that Lydon was tentative in taking shots today? According to the stats he took 7 shots. Granted, he doesn't have a quick release like Coney, but I thought there were opportunities for him throughout the game. Hop didn't put the reins on him did he?

Definitely. He had several opportunities for 3s that he could have gotten off.

If there is such thing as too under control it is him - he needs to understand we are going to struggle offensively and he is out best shooter - most importantly, he needs to understand that if he does not shoot Cooney is going to shoot it for him - and neither Cooney, nor the fans nor Lydon himself want to be in the NIT

I feel like he's passed up some good looks throughout the year. I'm glad he's not a chucker, but I wouldn't be mad if he was taking the 2nd most shots on the team after Gbinije.

I give him credit as a fresh, when he came in all his jumpers started waist high. Now they start sholder level, and he has really proven he can put the ball on the floor kind of like a SF.

Shooting over tight defenders is another thing altogether though, its going to take time adjusting to that.

Really pleased with this freshmen class though. Nothing but great things and potential with these 3 all of them are awesome, I won't even rank them against each other.

I feel like he's passed up some good looks throughout the year. I'm glad he's not a chucker, but I wouldn't be mad if he was taking the 2nd most shots on the team after Gbinije.
I think he should slowly work into an expanded shooting role. He has a beautiful stroke, but I've also seen him miss badly at times on open looks and today I saw him pass up a few pretty open looks. He's still a kid with only eight games under belt; I'd rather he not feel the pressure of being this team's second or third scoring option at this stage, and just naturally have that become his role over time, particularly if he is going to be playing significant minutes at the 5 defensively. It's a long season and he's just getting a taste of what it's like to be playing against top tier talent every night.

he needs to knock down enuf jumpers draw his defender out from underneath the tin. that opens up the middle.

It's normal for a freshman to be gun shy in his first few months (except Mali). Tyler will find his groove and when he should shoot.

Lydon and Richardson both had that "shell shocked" look on their faces that is pretty normal the first time they experience going against Georgetown. Their athletic, fast, muscular football types, stay in your shorts and bump you all game. It's hard to get space to shoot. Very different from most teams. I've seen that look on a lot of SU freshmen over the years. They'll adjust and be fine. But that first time is rough. It will prepare them to face Pitt.

Yes he really did, several times he had a good shot and either pumped faked or passed it off, that happens with freshman though.

He seems to catch and survey the defense - he never seems to catch in a position where he's ready to get his shot off quickly. Nothing wrong with that, but it does allow the defense to recover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom