MAC Conferences cuts a bunch of stuff | Syracusefan.com

MAC Conferences cuts a bunch of stuff

Stern

All American
Not sure if anyone saw this as it kinda got buried in the news. But depending on how the next year plays out for college sports I could see more conferences (the big conferences) following what the MAC is doing to save some money.

I think people are wildly underestimating the impact on amateur athletics. I was on a call for a private school in Boston w MGHs head of infectious disease yesterday. It was sobering. He essentially said he sees no scenario where sports in Mass can run in the fall. If that is the case I can imagine the trickle Down to the NESCAC athletics and other collegiate sport leagues. Let me be clear the sport part was the one I cared least about but it’s the part we talk about on here.

the ACC May stem the damage but the lower levels are gonna deal w a ton of issues

I think people are wildly underestimating the impact on amateur athletics. I was on a call for a private school in Boston w MGHs head of infectious disease yesterday. It was sobering. He essentially said he sees no scenario where sports in Mass can run in the fall. If that is the case I can imagine the trickle Down to the NESCAC athletics and other collegiate sport leagues. Let me be clear the sport part was the one I cared least about but it’s the part we talk about on here.

the ACC May stem the damage but the lower levels are gonna deal w a ton of issues
What was said about vaccines and therapuetics? Any hope?

What was said about vaccines and therapuetics? Any hope?

yes hope and he used the line “the US will science the sh@t out of this and get a solution” but it’s delusional to think by the fall.
When I said sports in fall he mentioned high school primarily. Colleges may be able to do
Something but some of these towns will put a brake to things. Like BC situated in Newton is not gonna fly if they want to host large scale events