Macky for FB | Syracusefan.com

Macky for FB

GoSU96

Living Legend
he can go back to long snapping on specials as well.

Kid showed he is a good blocker in space, made a great play blocking up field on the screen. He has very good technique, from limited observation decent speed and feet, and he wouldn't be asked to take on 300+lb NT's head up.

Kid showed he is a good blocker in space, made a great play blocking up field on the screen. He has very good technique, from limited observation decent speed and feet, and he's would be asked to take on 300+lb NT's head up.
Hmmm... This is not a crazy idea...

I thought Macky did all right considering but maybe the blocking scheme to help him out brought everybody down. Chibane didn't just forget how to hit people.

MM handled LB's down the field, with his head up and a head of steam he could be a tank.

I thought Macky did all right considering but maybe the blocking scheme to help him out brought everybody down. Chibane didn't just forget how to hit people.

MM handled LB's down the field, with his head up and a head of steam he could be a tank.

A lot of times Chibane got beat straight up, didn't have anything to do with helping out Macky.

A lot of times Chibane got beat straight up, didn't have anything to do with helping out Macky.
Good suggestion on Mack and we are thin at FB next year. In addition he is really quick.

I was thinking the same thing. If we have enough guys to backfill the position with a legit 2-deep at C, then by all means move him. He could indeed be a force opening some holes, and he wouldn't need to try to cram extra weight on his frame.

That is actually a really good idea.

Kid showed he is a good blocker in space, made a great play blocking up field on the screen. He has very good technique, from limited observation decent speed and feet, and he wouldn't be asked to take on 300+lb NT's head up.
Have you heard something or is this you just thinking outloud?

Biggest issue is depth at center. Who can either be the 2nd string center in that case.

Other than the fact that I wish our offense was no longer using fullbacks, why not, as long as there are a couple options at center? There are no scholarship FBs on next year's roster, and I doubt our offense is going to eliminate the position.
I still think it says a lot that it's pretty hard to find true fullbacks to recruit these days. We've used a former non 1A transfer (who did well), a JUCO, moved a LB who never saw the field, and I assume we'd now turn to a walk on. Schools that talk about using an athlete at QB talk about getting 11 on 11. We might be dropping to 9 on 11. Innovative?

Wow Q we are in agreement on something must be the season:)

Damn, I wouldn't have written that if I had seen your comment :D Just kidding of course. Is this technically agreeing on something for this season or for next season?

Damn, I wouldn't have written that if I had seen your comment :D Just kidding of course. Is this technically agreeing on something for this season or for next season?
Im actually typing an apology to the board for my rants. I have no idea what came over me other than the fact that i so want Doug to succeed. I dont know him well but the few times that i have had an opportunity to speak with him outside of a group setting i get concerned that he is really stubborn which can be a great trait. Anyway sorry about the rants i truly hope that Doug does well but i have loved this program since i was a kid shagging balls for Ben and i put the program above any coach. Thx

I like it Go... thought about this the other day, but figured it was dumb, haha. What about blocking TE, since we might be thinner there if the athletic kids aren't ready and Wales joins Stevens as a main receiving option?

Im actually typing an apology to the board for my rants. I have no idea what came over me other than the fact that i so want Doug to succeed. I dont know him well but the few times that i have had an opportunity to speak with him outside of a group setting i get concerned that he is really stubborn which can be a great trait. Anyway sorry about the rants i truly hope that Doug does well but i have loved this program since i was a kid shagging balls for Ben and i put the program above any coach. Thx
Stop beating yourself up.

qdawgg wants that privilege for himself :D

This would be great. That way when we score 16 a game next year we can read stuff like "well what do you expect, we have a converted center at FB, we need to wait til Doug gets his own FB recruits!"

;)

I love the idea! but that leaves only Trudo who is a RS Fresh next year and no real depth besides true frosh (Knapp or Scelfo?). I think it will honestly be a combination of Cuter in an H-back role. And Tre Burke in short yardage situations. Kid is HUGE.

That this is not a completely insane idea speaks volumes... And not in a good way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom