Maddox Jr (Oakland) | Syracusefan.com

Maddox Jr (Oakland)

Fat tire 13

But I really prefer IPAs
Man, the announcers really piled on this guy for not playing football instead of basketball. Pretty much calling him a total p*ssy, and saying he didn't want to take hits playing football. Especially when he left briefly after hurting his shoulder. Seemed a little excessive and lacking class. Anyone else notice this?

Man, the announcers really piled on this guy for not playing football instead of basketball. Pretty much calling him a total p*ssy, and saying he didn't want to take hits playing football. Especially when he left briefly after hurting his shoulder. Seemed a little excessive and lacking class. Anyone else notice this?
Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd.

He's such a solid basketball player and honestly he's smart with his decision. I would never let a child of mine play the sport. It just isn't worth the risks involved in it.
The announcers said at one time he was considering playing football at SU as a wide receiver. This article confirms it. CTE, other injuries convinced Traveon Maddox Jr. to choose basketball

“Last season [2017], he was torching defenses as a highly touted receiver at Novi High School. He held multiple Division I offers, and the 6-foot-5, 188-pound standout once listed Syracuse as the front-runner.”

Agree with the original comment. I will also add that I thought the announcers were really bad and talked a lot about other stuff and not really calling the play by play.

this is typical .. the best announcers you will find are by randomly clicking on a game like “iupui vs s Illinois” on ESPN plus.. there you will find announcers without an agenda who actually talk about the games