Magic Number? | Syracusefan.com

Magic Number?

SWC75

Bored Historian
I heard a discussion on the radio this morning that Syracuse's "magic number" is 70, that they needed to score that much and hold their opposition under that to win. I decided to look at the record:
Syracuse Orange Basketball 2017-18 Schedule - Orange Home and Away - ESPN

We've scored 70 or more points 18 times. We've won 14 of those games but still managed to lose 4 of them. Naturally, most of those wins were during the pre-conference schedule. We were 10-0 in games in which we scored 70+ during that portion of the schedule. We are 8-4 since.

We've held the opposition below 70 points 21 times. We are 15-6 in those games, 8-1 in the pre-conference schedule and 7-5 since.

We are likely to slow the tempo against Arizona State if we can, which would down their score and ours, too. If we score 70+ points they will probably score more than that.

I would suggest that our 'magic number' is whatever the oppostion scores +1.

I heard a discussion on the radio this morning that Syracuse's "magic number" is 70, that they needed to score that much and hold their opposition under that to win. I decided to look at the record:
Syracuse Orange Basketball 2017-18 Schedule - Orange Home and Away - ESPN

We've scored 70 or more points 18 times. We've won 14 of those games but still managed to lose 4 of them. Naturally, most of those wins were during the pre-conference schedule. We were 10-0 in games in which we scored 70+ during that portion of the schedule. We are 8-4 since.

We've held the opposition below 70 points 21 times. We are 15-6 in those games, 8-1 in the pre-conference schedule and 7-5 since.

We are likely to slow the tempo against Arizona State if we can, which would down their score and ours, too. If we score 70+ points they will probably score more than that.

I would suggest that our 'magic number' is whatever the oppostion scores +1.

I'd say our magic number is really about what we hold the opposition to. Maybe someone could research what that number is...

I'm gonna bet we're undefeated when we score more than 70, and hold our opponents to less than that. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom