Mahoney Playing Hungover in Pitt Shootout | Syracusefan.com

Mahoney Playing Hungover in Pitt Shootout

I heard from a buddy that lived on South Campus that a couple WTeF loses in the mid 90’s can be attributed to a portion of the team being hungover from a rager the night before.
The 1987 team got together and pledged no alcohol before the games. Can't remember if they went dry all season or could celebrate with booze on Saturday night.

I heard from a buddy that lived on South Campus that a couple WTeF loses in the mid 90’s can be attributed to a portion of the team being hungover from a rager the night before.

I drank too much in college, like most people here I'm sure. But is it really that much to ask to take a Friday night off when you have a major college game the following day? Get ripped twice as bad Saturday night celebrating a win.

I remember going out on Thursday nights before games (sometimes caught a slight buzz) but never on Friday for we were in a hotel at Carrier Circle or traveling to the away games. HCDB now likes to put the team at the Crowne Plaza on E. Genesee St. before home games.

it was an away game.. just where did he get out to in Pitt to get that blitzed? they dont have bed checks anymore on these trips?

it was an away game.. just where did he get out to in Pitt to get that blitzed? they dont have bed checks anymore on these trips?
Think it would be impossible to sneak out and go to a bar for he must of had some road sauce in his room.

Hard to believe that players train so hard over the off-season and don't have the discipline to refrain from getting smashed on the eve of their only chance to put that work to good use. Not even youth is an excuse for that kind of poor judgment. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom